Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

My little bar by the pool

Pages: 1 29 replies

[ Edited by: TikiRetardo 2013-07-11 00:09 ]

[ Edited by: TikiRetardo 2013-08-17 07:25 ]

[ Edited by: TikiRetardo 2014-07-06 22:24 ]

[ Edited by: TikiRetardo 2014-07-06 23:25 ]

Looks great! Looks like a similar size to the one I am building. How does it look behind the bar? Do you have a counter space back there with shelves?

It doesn't have a lot of room for shelves .It is biased forward to get the most room behind it I could .I do have plans for small shelves for bottles but I have not got to that point yet still have to fix the pavers I moved around when I first started . The bar top is about 20 inches wide

Love it!

Off to a great start
Need some blue balls (floats) above the blue foot sign :)
Have fun
Cheers

Jon

Thanks for the kind words ..........yeah i guess it could have been the Blue Balls Tiki Bar ? :)

M
Murph posted on Sun, Jul 14, 2013 1:23 PM

Lookin' good!

Good use for the space indeed. I have a small space behind my bar, and I am thinking organization with quality products is probably the secret to success. Don't forget the Tikis, and have fun.

Welcome to Tiki Central, be sure to check out our Sacramento Crawl and join us in October. http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=44787&forum=17

Oh it needs some tikis for sure ......Its actually quite Un-Tiki right now , I am still trying to get the pavers and shelving done ....I think I have the lighting figured out but ............I will get there :)

Here is some of the shelving behind the bar
over head

sorry about the sideways pics I'm tech-stupid . In the first pic you can see the shelve / glass holder .The second pic was right before I finished the pavers but you can see the shelves at work ?

It's looking pretty good.
I'm wondering how much you estimate that you save by building a tiki hut yourself rather than buying some ready-made one like the square bamboo hut I saw here:

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - spam link removed - 2014-07-22 00:40 ]

Keep building your bar, buying one is for Squares.

I've found that building a bar is more fun that just drinking at it.

Besides, I doubt that you'll ever be finished with it, if your like most people on this site.

Keep up the good work!

-Longboard

The thing about building your own bar is it can be whatever you want it to be . Mine has two sides it seats about 6 but I always end up with as many people tending bar as i do sitting on the out side . I think for me its like having something to tinker with all the time too .As far as saving money :) I would have saved alot if I would have never found this site .:)

T

Nice start. Love you nickname!!

I just had to laugh at the comment above about how much $$$ you'd have saved if you hadn't ever found this site. Ain't THAT the truth?!?!?!?

.........a little bartop upgrade

................oops sideways again

T R, that looks good. How did you do it?
Mahalo

............simple as that :)

BB

...I absolutely must remember this idea for the future. Excellent!

Mahalo T R. Pictures are indeed worth a thousand words.

I hope it helped some ? The epoxy I used wasn't anything special ( I am sure there is better stuff ). I poured it in layers ,it wasn't too hard to do. The LED lighting is the cheap stuff you find online . I do keep the bar covered most of the time to try and minimize sun damage .......but if it gets ruined it will give me a reason to tear it apart to do something else .

H
Hearn posted on Thu, Aug 4, 2016 9:49 AM

Awesome job. Love it!

Did you encase the LED Strips inside the poured epoxy?

Yep put everything in the trough I created including the lights and started pouring epoxy over the whole deal.......I will admit it came out better than I expected and the seashells had more color after they were submerged in epoxy :)

[ Edited by: TikiRetardo 2016-08-04 10:44 ]

W

Anyone with a pool needs one of these, good work.

It looks great. It will be interesting to see how it holds up. I've read that epoxy will yellow/crack with exposure to sunlight. I guess the LEDs should be okay...the strips seem to hold up fairly well. Most of the time the issues I've had are the power supplies or the connections between strips.

The epoxy has been in for about a year and a half .....I am sure it has yellowed some but not much . I live in Northern California so it gets its fair share of heat and sun .I keep the bartops covered with sheets when not in use . The only lighting problem I have had is one of the control boxes filled with water over the winter and had to be replaced .I am currently planning to expand the bar so new tops will have to be made :)

There it is all covered up .....and I apologize for the sideways pic

[ Edited by: TikiRetardo 2016-09-11 22:58 ]

Pages: 1 29 replies