Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Portland OR Home Bars

Pages: 1 4 replies

With Tiki Kon right around the corner we have been getting a lot of press this week! Here is the Willamette Week article that just came out yesterday!

http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-20875-zombie_underground.html

wow, very very cool!!!!!! love your pad and bar and mugs!!!!! I have something to shoot for!!!very very awesome!!!!

"These are basement bars, built by people in Hawaiian print shirts who invite..." Now you know what to wear when building your Tiki bar.
Nice article. Glad Munktiki got so much coverage, their whole house is really spectacular. And I fondly remember sitting in the Low Brow Lanai.

The only thing is that I wish the writer would have mentioned somehow that these places have a history, that the concept of tropical rumpus rooms comes from the 30s, 40s and 50s,, and pointed out that these are built in that tradition...while to this day, existing vintage rumpus rooms are destroyed in un-informed home renovations. The way the article reads now, they are built by over-active Tiki geeks.

Now you know what to wear when building your Tiki bar.

Dang it...I knew I was forgetting something (building my bar right now).

Nice tiki spaces for sure!

"So they turn their basements, their backyards, entire rooms of their homes into personal Polynesian asylums. And your neighbor just might be one."

They say that like it is a bad thing...LOL.

Great pictures. Nice shelf Paul!!! Great collection Marci & Austin. Monkey Hut is over the top. I hope to make it up north to Kon Tiki sometime, it looks like a blast.

Pages: 1 4 replies