Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Very Unique Curved Vintage Tiki Bar

Pages: 1 25 replies

Deleted due to rude, trolling.

[ Edited by: bakerracing132 2013-07-13 09:11 ]

AGAIN......., a lot depends on WHERE you are LOCATED.
Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

http://www.Craigslist.com if you live in a major metropolitan area. Most items sold are for local pick up.

Gee.. Tiki Dave my first visit to site and first post, and with such a welcoming attitude from a clear jerk like you, I think I will pass on future posts and communication on the site. I had several rare smaller items to sell, but I never "researched" any of my items before now.
Thought maybe someone knew what year or more info on it, obviously you don't have anything intelligent to add, since your comment was disrespectful, and you probably like to just see your name on posts to feel "important".
Well, it was nice being a member for a couple of hours :)

I always love these posts.

Here you have a forum full of :

1. people who know a lot about tiki stuff -- including rattan/bamboo bars
  2. people who buy a lot of stuff--including rattan/bamboo bars
  3. people who know a lot about shipping stuff because they buy and resell things as their personal business -- including rattan/bamboo bars

and so it only makes common sense that if you are coming on to this forum asking for help that you, as the poster, would provide as much information as possible.

Instead common sense fails to rear its head again and instead someone replies to a member who has been on this forum since 2004 who would be able to tell you how to sell, what to sell it for, the year it was made and how to ship your item like a little kid whose feelings are hurt when they are asked for more information.

It's awesome!

Too bad you threw a tantrum and couldn't of just said where you were located. You could of already have sold the bar to the very person you just insulted.

Good luck!

On 2013-07-13 08:47, TIKI DAVID wrote:
AGAIN......., a lot depends on WHERE you are LOCATED.
Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

Maybe if Tiki David had reworded his post to something more simple such as a "Where are you located?" the OP wouldn't have felt assaulted. I'm just sayin'....

Sold an hour ago via craigslist. I belong to other forums, and have found them extremely helpful, that is why people belong to forums. If people comment to just be nasty, they just want to hear themselves talk.

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2013-07-13 12:43 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2013-07-13 12:44 ]

On 2013-07-13 11:41, bakerracing132 wrote:
Sold an hour ago via craigslist. I belong to other forums, and have found them extremely helpful, that is why people belong to forums. If people comment to just be nasty, they just want to hear themselves talk.

I am assuming that you joined this forum as a "Craigslist Seller". That is not what this forum is about. Bye Bye.

DC

On 2013-07-13 11:47, TIKI DAVID wrote:
My dearest Bakerracing132,

HAVE A MOIST TOWELETTE,AND,
GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Really? over-react much?
Might I offer a different take? As a person who sells stuff for a living, is it wise to alienate people so often?
I wouldn't buy anything from somebody acting like a dick, no matter what they had to sell, and I certainly wouldn't sell to them either.
I've seen new people, that have every right to come here, run off again & again by members spouting the same dreck over & over.
It's predictable & boring.
If you lighten up, you might find some of these people might belong here or offer more than just something for sale.

My Lawyer asked me to post this:

"Atomic Tiki Punk had absolutely no involvement whatsoever in this thread exchange
and as such can not be held responsible for it's content or tone"

"Atomic Tiki Punk's involvement surely would have led to at least 3 or more pages
of "Circular reasoning" "Paradoxical thinking or Circular Logic" including "Logical Fallacies"
that would unstabilize fragile egos, resulting in the inevitable calling of names and soiling of pants"

"Atomic Tiki Punk advocates the eradication of "Mercenary Profiteer's" due to the fact
that they make for bad eating & have an extremely gamey taste, also they add nothing to the Tiki experience"

Respectfully:

Jello Biafra, Attorney at Law
Office of Sodom ,Gomorrah & Shmilovitz

Go Team Venture!

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jul 13, 2013 4:54 PM

On 2013-07-13 09:50, SandraDee wrote:

and couldn't of just said where you were located. You could of already have sold the bar

and couldn't HAVE just said where you were located. You could've already have sold the bar ---the Spelling Police

The Spelling Bronze is back!
Go Grogster!

H

Ok, so let's see, basically, because we are policed by "certain wise old members" of the TC community in the Tiki Marketplace, who only have our best interests in mind, we are allowed to buy stuff only from the likes of TIKI DAVID, because he does it right?

He tells us where he lives and that his prices are the best and most reasonable. God help anyone else who comes in and does not tell us about their life and where they live and the fact that they just love tiki. Seriously get a grip.

T

On 2013-07-13 16:54, GROG wrote:

On 2013-07-13 09:50, SandraDee wrote:

and couldn't of just said where you were located. You could of already have sold the bar

and couldn't HAVE just said where you were located. You could've already have sold the bar ---the Spelling Police

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SoDiZdpqFM

ha! Geez Grog you know that could HAVE and could OF are my spelling weakness!

I always catch it when I am at work sending an email but for some reason I continue to post that on this forum. Maybe because I know it makes you so happy to correct me :)

Hope you are doing ok my friend! Take care of your heart!

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2013-07-13 21:55 ]

On 2013-07-13 19:31, hiltiki wrote:
Ok, so let's see, basically, because we are policed by "certain wise old members" of the TC community in the Tiki Marketplace, who only have our best interests in mind, we are allowed to buy stuff only from the likes of TIKI DAVID, because he does it right?

He tells us where he lives and that his prices are the best and most reasonable. God help anyone else who comes in and does not tell us about their life and where they live and the fact that they just love tiki. Seriously get a grip.

I think love of Tiki should be a prerequisite, location of said items for sale just common sense
do we really want eBay & Craigslist profiteer's taking over TC Marketplace just to make sales
yet could not care a single bit about Tiki or the Tiki community? (That's a question I pose to you)

Everyone have a Mai Tai and relax.

On 2013-07-13 22:26, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

On 2013-07-13 19:31, hiltiki wrote:

I think love of Tiki should be a prerequisite, location of said items for sale just common sense
do we really want eBay & Craigslist profiteer's taking over TC Marketplace just to make sales
yet could not care a single bit about Tiki or the Tiki community? (That's a question I pose to you)

There are no prerequisites here! If some newbie that has no knowledge about Tiki or love of Tiki and has something they want to sell, why wouldn't you want them to give us the first shot at purchasing what they have?

Well, Hakalugi has spoken, but allow me to pose this question?

"what about those sellers who come here asking for help to ID
items (Cause they can't do the research themselves) just to end up
jacking the price to some crazy price that results in Googly Eyes?"

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2013-07-15 04:36 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2013-07-15 04:36 ]

Another what if: Say a seller only comes here to sell
some Tiki swag (BUT....The money is really going to Al-Qaeda to finance a bomb vest making party
and subscriptions to Playboy)

On 2013-07-13 14:43, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
My Lawyer asked me to post this:

"Atomic Tiki Punk had absolutely no involvement whatsoever in this thread exchange
and as such can not be held responsible for it's content or tone"

"Atomic Tiki Punk's involvement surely would have led to at least 3 or more pages
of "Circular reasoning" "Paradoxical thinking or Circular Logic" including "Logical Fallacies"
that would unstabilize fragile egos, resulting in the inevitable calling of names and soiling of pants"

"Atomic Tiki Punk advocates the eradication of "Mercenary Profiteer's" due to the fact
that they make for bad eating & have an extremely gamey taste, also they add nothing to the Tiki experience"

Respectfully:

Jello Biafra, Attorney at Law
Office of Sodom ,Gomorrah & Shmilovitz

Go Team Venture!

Hah!

Also, Original Poster, nice bar, man.

M

I liked the bar. I'm going to be nice today. I am going to make a remark based on being a tiki member for approx. 6yrs. It looks well made and I thought the back side of the bar was really nice, just a different nice then the front of the bar. I really liked the lined drawers, I guess that was for ice. I bought some deco chrome tubular furniture from Indiana for 175.00.Love seat and a matching chair. I then had it shipped freight to NW WA state that cost 330.00$. So shipping can cost a lot. But, if you really want something you will pay for it. I also bought another chrome deco chair from CA and he broke the chair down and shipped it greyhound the whole chair with shipping was like 145.00. So there are many ways to ship something. Peace and happiness.

Pages: 1 25 replies