Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Joe's Crab Shack Tiki Glasses

Pages: 1 20 replies

I was next door at Tiki Kon and took my son here since it's one of his favorite restaurants. I ordered a couple of the "Sailors Mai Tais" just so I could keep the glasses. Their cocktails had a kinda artificial tasting sweet and sour mix flavor to them, but I will definitely put these to work at my home bar. Nice heavy double sided pressed clear glasses. Makes a nice addition to the Glass Two Face Tiki Mugs (from Disneyland and Mama's Fish House and other places...) that are more goblet shaped.

havent seen those glasses or drinks at the Joe's Crabs out here.

I guess Out East they've designated us for mason jar glassware, and limited us to pretty much mojitos and hurricane variations to drink...

Thanks for the post!

Now who wants to point all all the things wrong with those "tiki" drinks.

EDIT: Not being a dick to the OP, just Joe's Crab Shack. They do have delicious food.

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2013-07-14 12:49 ]

I love drinking out of glasses (so I can see the drink) - Ive got some of the face goblets.

Where's that bar? Its worth a trip!
Or who makes them? :)

[ Edited by: AdOrAdam 2013-07-14 12:53 ]

On 2013-07-14 12:52, AdOrAdam wrote:
I love drinking out of glasses (so I can see the drink) - Ive got some of the face goblets.

Where's that bar? Its worth a trip!
Or who makes them? :)

[ Edited by: AdOrAdam 2013-07-14 12:53 ]

Joe's Crab Shack is a chain restaurant. You can find them throughout the USA. http://www.joescrabshack.com.

A

I've been waiting for someone to make glass tiki mugs forever. So after seeing this thread, my girlfriend and I went to the Joe's Crab Shack down the street. We ordered two drinks ($7.85 apiece) and you can buy the glass for $2 extra. But I'm not sure you even have to buy a drink as I bought four more glasses (six total), all at $2 apiece, sans drinks.

To answer Hale Tiki: Everything is wrong with those abominations in a glass!
you can find a better drink at 7/11, just get a Slushie & add Rum
and yet I shall still mock you! (Hey it's what I do...)

The Prosecution rests it's case.....

On 2013-07-14 12:46, Hale Tiki wrote:
Thanks for the post!

Now who wants to point all all the things wrong with those "tiki" drinks.

EDIT: Not being a dick to the OP, just Joe's Crab Shack. They do have delicious food.

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2013-07-14 12:49 ] My fav Mai Tai uses the 1944 Trader Vic's recipe although I do use different rums at times. I also like DTBC, The Bali Hai (San Diego) and even the "Hawaiian Style" MT served at Kealoha's in Chino. The ingredients in the Crab Shack's MT would gag a maggot!
Cheers
Btw, those glasses are pretty cool.

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2013-07-14 23:30 ]

HT

On 2013-07-14 23:05, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
To answer Hale Tiki: Everything is wrong with those abominations in a glass!
you can find a better drink at 7/11, just get a Slushie & add Rum
and yet I shall still mock you! (Hey it's what I do...)

The Prosecution rests it's case.....

Full disclosure, I was once super bored on a hot summer day, and had just got a BUNCH of Mount Gay Silver on sale. So I went to Target, got a lime slushy thing, added some mint, and had ghetto mojitos. True story.

Apparently the one in SF has a gift shop. Anyone want to brave it to see if they sell the glasses without the contents and ambience?

A

On 2013-07-15 14:43, Joshua Bell wrote:
Apparently the one in SF has a gift shop. Anyone want to brave it to see if they sell the glasses without the contents and ambience?

If only there was some kind of communicating device that could transmit audio whereby you could contact them and ask....

My good Sir! your witticism about the Telegraph
brought a mighty roar to my belg, good show, Sir! :lol:

HT

snicker

Careful, Monsieur Hale Tiki, you Sir, may have to reapply your mustache wax!

HT

On 2013-07-16 04:04, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Careful, Monsieur Hale Tiki, you Sir, may have to reapply your mustache wax!

I'm going to probably get shit for posting this, but I couldn't resist.

HT

DISCLAIMER: THE PREVIOUS POST IS IN NO WAY TIKI, AND IS QUITE VULGAR. THOSE WITH DELICATE SENSIBILITIES MIGHT NOT WANT TO JUMP BACK A PAGE.

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2013-07-17 08:59 ]

I just Bought the last two case in the Atlanta Store.. if anybody wants one PM me .. they are really cool

On 2013-07-17 08:59, Hale Tiki wrote:

DISCLAIMER: THE PREVIOUS POST IS IN NO WAY TIKI, AND IS QUITE VULGAR. THOSE WITH DELICATE SENSIBILITIES MIGHT NOT WANT TO JUMP BACK A PAGE.

[ Edited by: Hale Tiki 2013-07-17 08:59 ]

MY WORD! My visage is completely conflagrated!

that's funny as can be!

Finding myself thoroughly chagrined, thanks to the unending wit and wisdom (yes, that's it...) of Tiki Central, I took it upon myself to risk an actual verbal conversation. Followed up by visiting the fine establishment.

The staff was incredibly polite and directed me to the bar. The bar staff was also delightful and didn't bat an eye at wrapping up 3 glasses - at a mere $2 each (!!!) I decided to splurge. The SF location had plenty, and despite my initial trepidation the location was quiet - going mid-day on a weekday helped. If I wasn't about to hop back on my motorcycle I might have sampled the libations.

A

Courtesy of The Witch Doctor these mugs have made it to England!

People may have noticed Witch Doctor gets bad press from some people on TC, Im just saying:

I PMed him, we sent messages back & forth to find out postage prices, he sent me pics throughout the process & the tracking number when it was sent.

He didn't make any money out of me - without his willingness to sort stuff out for a stranger, I wouldn't have the glasses.

For some reason, I wanted to post a Star Wars esq pic:

'Luke, I am your Father...' laughs evilly :)

Cheers to you Mr Witch Doctor!

Pages: 1 20 replies