Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Pics, pics, pics of Tiki paintings!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 181 replies

Haven't heard from some of the artists here for a while.

R

(Shakes off dust from clothing..)
Well,
I have been MIA for what, about a year?
:0
I've been guilty of hiding under a rock.
It was not very comfortable.
But Im back and with some incentive to get going again on creating more "escape to Tiki paintings".
I've posted a new topic in collecting Tiki also about a set of glasses I have and need help with.
Im also gonna post here a painting Im currently working on. Im kinda stuck and need maybe a few suggestions .....
Mahalo!

R

Ok, here we go,
This is what I've been working on.
The wave isn't right. I think it might be to round. What's up wit dat?!
Any suggestions?
The shore/sand isn't done either. Having a heck of a time with that also.
Your comments are most appreciated and then selected in my final voting box.
Just kidding
No, really, any suggs are well appreciated.
:)

[ Edited by: RenTiki on 2004-05-26 13:01 ]

Ren....where's Stimpy? HAHAHAHA

Good to have you back. I think the entire right side looks fine, don't mess with the wave braddah, it's fine.

Yeah, bro. I'd surf there!

Nice job!
sorry I am not a painter type...so when I look at your painting it looks great the way it is.

R

Thanks Jungle Trader for the warm welcome. :)
Stimpy? Well, he's in rehab. LOL!
Seems he got declawed and couldnt handle the painpills...
JK
Um, thanks for the comments, I still feel there's something that just don't go wit the flow..
The left side is still not completed. See, this painting is twice the width that you see.
Stay tuned for the next unveiling.....
Muahahahahaha! :wink:

I think the right side looks great too!

Maybe we need to see the whole picture..no pun intended :wink:

S

I like the clouds, kinda like
maxfield Parrish
(or however ya spell it.)

R

Well, thanks all of ya! :wink:
Sweetpea, funny you mention him. Maxfield Parrish,(I believe you're correct on the spelling)is one of my favorite Artists!
I sometimes refer to his art to create mine.
The colors that he worked with were awesome!
The painting isnt completed yet, I've gotten a little lazy. But the weather is getting better and so is my incentive...

cool pics everyone, thought I might add a few of mine, did them years ago after returning from the cook islands and knew nothing of the whole Tiki thing at that time.

and

R

Wow!
I love how you create the water!
Oooh. Cool blue water...Looks so inviting..
I also love your dancin tikis round the fire.
Im doing one somewhat like that with a bonfire. All mine are done in oil.
What medium do you use, Cheekytiki?

B

Woah Cheeky, who'da thunk it..What Can't you do. I think we need More Pictures. What do you think guys, More??

R

Well yeah!!!

B

wow, that second painting really does it for me! Looks like those guys are having fun at the beach!
post more !!

B

Woah again.., I didn't realize the Killer little tiki's dancin round the fire had the wahine tied up to the post. See if you can see it here...

Man thay ARE Killer tikis. they are dancing with spears and swords it looks like. Not your Normal Boys night out.... Cheeky..???

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-05-31 16:36 ]

You know,you gotta keep the Gods happy!

B

Yeah but now We gotta be lookin over our shoulders for the wahine Gods. What makes Them happy?

F
foamy posted on Tue, Jun 15, 2004 3:54 PM

My first tiki attempt.

Gotta start somewhere. I call this "Okomo Cleopatra". Opinions, please.

[ Edited by: foamy on 2004-06-15 16:24 ]

Not bad, not bad at all Foamy, and ya know considering it is better then I could do, FANTIKITASTIC!

F
foamy posted on Thu, Jun 17, 2004 7:31 AM

Thanks Tiki-Toa. I've just looked at the mmodern gallery's offerings. I feel bad. But, I'm gonna keep at it.

Looks good foamy,.......feed the cat to the tiki and it'll be even better.

F

Nope, TJ, can't do that. I'm given to understand that "Bandit" just had kittens, besides, she guards the tiki.

[ Edited by: foamy on 2004-06-18 11:29 ]

R

Woah, lemme get a grip on my keyboard!
Damn Foamy, your talent rocks!
Whatcha use as a medium?
I must agree with Jungle Trader, that cat should be sacrificed asap. Gotta keep them Tiki Gods happy.
Just kiddin. :P
Hehe.
No, seriously, very nice work.

S

This painting titled "Saving Damsel From The Rapa Nui Afro Cannibal" is for sale along with some of my other paintings at my web site. Check it out if you like.

For some reason your link got all jacked up so I thought I'd help ya out :)
Welcome to Tiki Central Solomon, it's always nice to see art touched by Tiki.
Solomon wrote
This painting titled "Saving Damsel From The Rapa Nui Afro Cannibal" is for sale along with some of my other paintings at my web site. Check it out if you like.
http://www.subscapedesign.com

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-06-20 10:35 ]

ya know what's just down right cool about your piece is that you just wouldn't expect a giant crab to boil a damsel in distress. But there you have it. And I like it.
Plus it begs to ask...HOW did she get in there? Did she stumble upon said evil crab while skipping through the EA heads? Will the hero use the spear to poke the eyes of evil crab? The suspense and wonder are killing me...
Still love that giant crab...give us more

B

Yeah give us more...Crab cakes that is. Cool twist, different use for the "Crab Pot"
love it.

F
foamy posted on Sun, Jun 20, 2004 7:51 PM

On 2004-06-19 20:56, RenTiki wrote:
Whatcha use as a medium?

Guoache, pen and ink. Thanks, I'll keep try'in.

I like the role reversal in the piece by Solomon too. Being on the Eastern Shore of MD, it's particularly ironic. We're all about crabs. Good stuff in this forum!

R

Long time, my friends! Any one still around? Yoo hooo!

Where the hell you been Ren?

H

We are all around and waiting to see more.....

On 2004-06-15 15:54, foamy wrote:
My first tiki attempt.

Gotta start somewhere. I call this "Okomo Cleopatra". Opinions, please.

[ Edited by: foamy on 2004-06-15 16:24 ]

Hi Foamy. I LOVE IT!!!! Do you have more like this? Do you have a website? =D

[ Edited by: gretanicole 2005-08-25 01:59 ]

Someone too cool to say no to recently asked me to post some of my artwork here.

This is my favorite Tiki painting (that's finished) =D It's 5"x7"

These 4 below are oil pastels I just did. They're layered on top of black acrylic paint that's mixed with sand.

I know these two don't have tikis in them, but I love fiery red, tiki sunsets.

Here are some Tiki huts =D

I've got a few unfinished tiki paintings that actually have "tikis" in them, but I haven't mastered the art of painting tikis yet. :cry: Until then, I'll be painting tiki huts. =D When I finish the "Tiki paintings with actual Tiki's in them", I'll post them. :)

Hey gretanicole- very nice work! Your style is unique and I really like those birds! I like the layers on black as well. Thanks for posting these.

On 2005-08-25 12:48, Sam Gambino wrote:
Hey gretanicole- very nice work! Your style is unique and I really like those birds! I like the layers on black as well. Thanks for posting these.

Thanks Sam. That means a lot coming from you! =D

I'm so glad you like the birds. You know, I didn't realize until posting here, just how much my style and colors change from week to week. Hopefully it won't be too long till I post some art with an acutal, ummm, tiki in it?! haha.

I have a few more pieces here ... http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZgretaQ5fnicole. Okay .... back to drawing. =D

Tackle that tiki!!!

R

I never thought that this thread would grow so big! Outstanding! Everyone's artwork is so good and unique and just inspirational!!
Hey Jungle Trader! My work area has been hijacked and turned into an office! OMFG. Yeah, one of those bizarre places where people file paperwork and answer phones. Oh don't worry, I see no evil beings lurking wearing ties or pantyhose. EWWwwwww. I guess I've been held hostage by the rat race. Puke. No fear, I have my paintbrushes stashed away patiently waiting for the fine aroma of turpentine and linseed oil. I just have to find the right time to sneak this file cabinet outta the back and into the dumpster.
In other words, work has sadly taken over my studio.
There is hope. I have paint, brushes and well, I'll get some time. Soon. I hope.:wink:

F
foamy posted on Wed, Aug 31, 2005 5:21 AM

Hi Gretanicole, thanks a bunch. I haven't seen this thread since last year some time. As far as a web site, no. I do have a Cafepress shop at http://www.cafepress.com/slbradleydesign —it has a few tiki things on it. If you like that particular piece, let me know how you'd want it and I'll put it up. Thanks again, you made my day.

Your work on the other hand is really sharp! Love that texture/black, thing you're doing. I see and learn so much here. Gotta start looking more regularly. I'm looking forward to your next pieces.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 181 replies