Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Story of Water on Rapa Nui-documentary Kickstarter

Pages: 1 0 replies

I thought some TC members might be interested in this.

Introduction

Hello, I am Candace. For the past 10 years i have worked on answering the question "What happened to the trees on Easter Island?" 10 years of working on a PhD searching for clues, to find out if there was something else besides humans cutting down the 16 million giant palm trees to move the moai around? I don't remember how I came about going there for the first time, but I began digging in the dirt when I was just a girl. Riddled with intrigue of finding Atlantis one day deep in the ocean and listening to the breath of the cypress trees with their root fingers reaching up above the water so they wouldn't suffocate. Growing up in the bayous of Louisiana instilled a love of nature, so alive and deep in my blood. I know now, it was the trees that have drawn me to this barren grassland so far away from any other place on this planet but yet a story big enough to travel the world. We want to tell you a story, a new story about what I found deep down in the mud below the waters of the crater lake Rano Kao, and I need you to help me do this.

You can read more about it here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1458540371/vai-the-story-of-water-on-rapa-nui

Pages: 1 0 replies