Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Drink Pitcher from Spencers Gifts

Pages: 1 23 replies

I dont think this has been discussed before, but I found this at Spencers Gifts and it was only $14.99. I thought some might be interested.

Very cool. I hadn't seen that before. I might have to run to Spencers after I get back from my cruise. WOOHOO! Shopping Trip!

Thanks for posting that.

Very nice! Is it plastic or ceramic?

T

Yep I got one here in Baltimore for that price as well. It will look great filled with Mai Tais.

On 2003-07-09 19:58, CruzinTiki wrote:
Very nice! Is it plastic or ceramic?

It's Ceramic.

DZ

It's a great pitcher - I got one for Christmas. It looks like it holds quite a bit, but I've yet to actually use mine. (It looks too nice on display!) The same company makes a big orange tiki cookie jar, too! This was actually discussed months ago, (I'm too lazy to search for the thread) but it's worth bringing up again!

W

Man that's one of the swellest nuevo Tiki items I've seen. Thanks for the heads up.

B

I looked at those the last time I was in Vintage Vending. But I ended picking up this set of 4 mugs by the same company. I love how they are based on Vintage styles. I was sitting looking over my collection the other day, and noticed how I had the original "Flipper Style"(as Capt. Midnite calls it!), the Clay Art rendering, and ending with an Archie Mcphee, which looks like someone took steel wool to his face, removing most of his features.

C

Must have the pitcher and I love those mugs, too!
Vintage Vending? A local gig or do they have a website?

B

On 2003-07-10 07:12, Chacha wrote:

It's a place down in Salem New Hampshire. They do have a website, http://www.vintagevending.com (how novel!), but they don't have the mugs online. I had a hell of a time even finding an image of these, so it makes me think maybe they have been discontinued. I love Vintage Vending! If it was any less than 2 hours from me I would glady drive the commute everyday just to work there. Everytime I'm down there I pick up a few mugs and such, and the same clerk always says "Ooooh, I can taste the Suffering Bastard all ready!"

K
C

Scotty,
You work at 20th Century Antiques? I lived in Atlanta from '88 to '99 and I miss it.
Where the heck were you when I lived there?
Now that I'm gone it seems that the cool folks have come out.

T

On 2003-07-10 07:12, Chacha wrote:

Got mine @ Spencers at the mall. They had all Tiki 25-75% off.

T

Finally! I can now buy the hula watch style salt & pepper shakers! Does anyone else find this a really bizarre combination?

K

Chacha,

Yes, I work at 20th Century Antiques. I've been there about 10 years. I post their ebay stuff at night and sit behind the counter on weekends. It's fun, and I usually get first dibs on the cool mid-century stuff. I wish there were more tikiphiles here too.

Scotty

C

Spencer's was a treasure trove last night! They didn't have the pitchers in the store, but the guy behind the counter is picking one up for me from another store. I DID, however, get those Clay Art mugs I have been in search of... plus lots of other markdown tiki stuff.
Thanks for the heads up!

Spencer's has a bunch of new tiki stuff. I was there last night and they were putting out new Moai lamps, an outrigger canoe candle holder, plastic cocktail shaker and martini glasses with hula girls on them, some funky tiki mugs, a lighted tiki bar sign, and a small tiki bar. They also had a tiki head with one of those electric torches flickering its mouth. The moai head was the coolest thing they had, but it was $50 and I didn't buy one.
KG

When is this tiki thing going mainstream?

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2004-04-08 14:25 ]

K
Kono posted on Thu, Apr 8, 2004 4:52 PM

KG, what did the moai lamp look like? Was it like a standard lamp with the socket and bulb coming out the top, with a shade? Or was it like a hollow moai with a bulb inside?

My wife and I got the Clay art pitcher and cookie jar at marshalls of all places about a 8 months ago, pre tiki dee dee and cecanter rush, dead of fall, and there they were,
Those Maoi lamps at spencer, are they the large ones that they had out about 2 years ago? that sort of had a fiberglass look, (in brown about a foot and a half tall?) and kinda just glowed with an internal light of tiki love???

dude that sux, i paid 30.00 for that pitcher from myriahs polynesian gift bazaar in texas. i haven't been to spencer's in a while, i don't remember them having anything tiki. i guess i'll have to hit the mall soon. thanks everyone, for the info.

The moai was about a foot and half tall, made of fiberglass with a bulb inside. It came in orange, blue and green. I thought the one they had a year or so ago was smaller, but I'm not sure. I saw it at Seminole Town Center in Sanford.

TikiMikeNJ here...new user....My friend Jim is a district manager for Spencer Gifts and he just informed me that Spencers is rolling out there Summer 2005 TIKI Line this week. So Be On The Look Our For It Soon!

Thanks,TikiMikeNJ,for the heads up!And welcome to TC-lots of great folks here-enjoy!

D

Anyone have any pics of the stuff at Spencer's?

Pages: 1 23 replies