Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Hiphipahula & Kelly Merrell Bartend La Descarga Aug. 27 TIKI TUESDAY

Pages: 1 32 replies

**La Descarga Presents, *Tiki Tuesday's ***
*The Kelly & Kelly Variety Cocktail Show! *

I will be returning to La Descarga Aug. 27 2013 for Tiki Tuesday! This time with our Pal Kelly Merrell* from the Disneyland Resort, Trader Sam's* for the
"Kelly & Kelly Cocktail Variety Show!"
We are very excited so please, mark your calendar you don't want to miss this show it's going to be wild, crazy, fun!

**A Few Good Notes for the Evening, **

I will be creating three cocktails on the menu as will Kelly Merrell for La Descarga Tiki Tuesday's
***The Kelly & Kelly Variety Cocktail Show! ***
*Most importantly, **all three *of us behind the bar will be mixing each others cocktails to expedite Crafted Cocktails quickly so, get in ANY **line for cocktails. *

For those of you who did not make it to Tiki Oasis this year I will be creating a reprise of the cocktail HEX. Hex is a cocktail that embodies the deep, smooth richness of Zacapa Rum 23 entangled with flavors of the deep south and even some hula in the mix. HEX, served chilled on the stem, (my recommendation) or served in a iced and frosty Collins glass. I will have two other cocktails to offer for the evening as well from my newly created repertoire of cocktails. I have had Many requests of a Gin cocktail so perhaps I will produce a forth cocktail for those who requested.

La Descarga welcomes and encourages tiki attire for the evening but asks please that No flip flops or shorts are to be worn. *As always, slacks, dresses and suits are encouraged as well. *

Do not miss this evening of cocktails please join Kelly & Kelly as we embark on many a shenanigan and beautiful cocktails in a beautiful setting!

8:00pm La Desgarga Tiki Tuesday August 27th

Mahalo La Descarga!

La Descarga
1159 North Western Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90039
(323) 466-1324

http://hiphipahula.com/

[ Edited by: Hiphipahula 2013-08-21 20:41 ]

Two Kelly's (Kellies?) for the price of one!

Woohoo! We will be there!

S

Kelly squared!

Will try to make it down for this .

How great that you are doing the Tiki Tuesday night again!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2013-08-01 08:46 ]

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2013-08-01 08:41 ]

Two of the best in the Business finally at the same location.

I am a fan of team KELLY!!!!!!Dig?

W

Two Kellys? Well now I have to be there, don't I? :)

AF

Gotta go! Why? Because it's Kelly Kelly, Kelly Kelly, Kelly Kelly...

[ Edited by: A Frame 2013-08-01 16:12 ]

A-Frame, I think you were in footage shot at the Tiki Ti for the ABC 7 program Eye on LA. It was on last Saturday.
I'm sorry for the derail.

M
Murph posted on Thu, Aug 1, 2013 4:42 PM

YES!
Way to go Kelly!!!

T
TNT posted on Thu, Aug 1, 2013 8:25 PM

Awesome - we will see you there.

Aaaaaaw....that's on my birthday! And me and Naomi are gonna be in Munich :(

We will toast to the gang from Trader Vic's at the Bayerischer Hof!

K

Sounds like fun!

C

Count me in! (if I can get out of work early)

Ooh.........

T

OH.

MY.

TIKI.

GODS!

This is gonna be awesome!!!

**La Descarga Presents, *Tiki Tuesday's ***
*The Kelly & Kelly Variety Cocktail Show! *

A few things going on for the evening,

I will be creating three cocktails on the menu as will Kelly Merrell for La Descarga Tiki Tuesday's
Most importantly, **all three *of us behind the bar will be mixing each others cocktails to expedite Craft Cocktails quickly so, get in ANY **line for cocktails. *

For those of you who did not make it to Tiki Oasis this year I will be creating a reprise of the cocktail HEX. Hex is a cocktail that embodies the deep, smooth richness of Zacapa Rum 23 entangled with flavors of the deep south and even some hula in the mix. HEX, served chilled on the stem, (my recommendation) or served in a iced and frosty Collins glass. I will have two other cocktails to offer for the evening as well from my newly created repertoire of cocktails. I have had Many requests of a Gin cocktail so perhaps I will produce a forth cocktail for those who requested.

La Descarga welcomes and encourages tiki attire for the evening but asks please that No flip flops or shorts are to be worn. *As always, slacks, dresses and suits are encouraged as well. *

Do not miss this evening of cocktails please join Kelly & Kelly as we embark on many a shenanigan and beautiful cocktails in a beautiful setting!

8:00pm Tiki Tuesday August 27th

La Descarga
Los Angeles, CA 90039
(323) 466-1324

B

this sounds wonderful; i know the beverages will be tasty..
what time does the fest begin ?

The Kelly & Kelly Variety Cocktail Show!
8:00pm La Desgarga Tiki Tuesday August 27th

See you there!

La Descarga
Los Angeles, CA 90039

One more day and it's Cocktail Shenanigans with Kelly & Kelly!

Warm up the Station Wagons for that Carpool Adventure! Please join us!

La Desgarga is Los Angeles' Premiere Rum Bar and Cuban-themed speakeasy bar and is one of the most beautiful settings to enjoy a cocktail. Join us for the best in exotic cocktails, tiki culture and music. There’s even a cigar patio with Rum tasting for those inclined!

Los Angeles, CA 90039(
323) 466-1324

My yellow tiki taxi has a Tuesday course set for La Descarga to witness the cocktail madness of Kelly and Kelly. Bring out your tiki finest!

kevin

Glad you & Val are coming, I almost tweeted to ask you! See you there!

T

If yer comin' out to La Descarga tonight, you can swing by CP3 Prop house to check out their 4 giant Moai.

They usually display them on front of their warehouses, but pack 'em away at night, but lately, they've been keeping them in a chain-link enclosed yard next door to the warehouses. They're situated so they're facing the street, just behind the fence.

Saw 'em out last night, so they'll probably be out tonight.

Here's a map:

And the address: 1107 North Bronson Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90038. It's about 4 blocks from La Descarga, on the corner of Santa Monica and Bronson. The yard is just past the two warehouses, which are on the corner.

What a great night of cocktails!
Thank you Kelly & Kelly.
Everything I had was divine.
When is the next one?

Good people, good cocktails, good times. What more do you want from a (Tiki) Tuesday? Well done Kelly & Kelly!

kevin

ps: Note that if you want to take photos inside La Descarga and take them using your phone, you need to get over your objection to using a camera flash. Or a nearby candle. Sorry for no action shots, Kellys.

pps: by "you" I mean "I" and by "your" I mean "my".

Great seeing everybody last night! The drinks were absolutely exceptional.
Some more glimpses of the evening...

Great shots Capt.!

Exceptionally great shots Capt. R.H. !

Thank You all for sharing the evening with myself and Kelly Merrell. We had a nice turn out, we celebrated Tiki and Cuban culture, exotic Tiki Cocktails, live music and friendship. It doesn't get better than that! I missed chatting with most of you, I was busy in a good way but I do remember seeing most of you and that was fantastic. Happy Birthday again Sven Kirsten we wished you a happy one! How wonderful to see Peter Moruzzi in the house the author of so many wonder books including Havana Before Castro. http://www.havanabeforecastro.com/ I poured us a sip of rum Pete to toast Sven but I turned away and you were gone! Not wasted, it was enjoyed, a toast in your honor Sven. A word on our menu, It's always a challenge to choose only a few cocktails, I went with some favorites like 'Shaka Hula Bossa Nova' along with my new 'HEX'. I also included the 'French Whore' and 'Hula in the Dark' which were created long ago with my pal and very talented mixologist Tom Morgan. All the cocktails were enjoyed across the board and we are pleased. Kelly and myself were mixing until close and helped clean up the bar and had a chance to visit the liquor cage one last time. So many amazing bottles of rum to view, what a treat. Thank You Joe, La Descarga and Huston Hospitality. I again thank Kelly Merrell for joining me it was blast, let's do it again! What a festive evening with all of you who came for no other reason than friendship and celebration for our love of culture in which we are bound. I hope to see you all again very soon much love and gratitude, ~Kelly

Kelly, I'm so bummed I couldn't make it. Looks like you guys had a fun time and whipped up some great cocktails!

Thank You Kelly for thinking of me! I am proud that Pete's book inspired the bar and that my photos from it are hanging on its walls :)

Wish I would have been able to be there other than in spirit - rather infused with spirits!

I wish I could have been there, too. I was heading to NY first thing on a crack 'o dawn flight, so I had to pack and get some sleep. But what a great time it must have been. Do it again!

Pages: 1 32 replies