Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Hawaiian Girl (from Disney's It's A Small World)

Pages: 1 9 replies

F

Did a quick search of TC and didn't see a posting about this, but thought it might be of interest to some.
http://www.disneystore.com/its-a-small-world-hawaii-doll-16-pre-order/mp/1338500/1000259/
Seems Disney is releasing a line of 16" Small World dolls in October and one of them is based on one of the Hawaiian Girls.

Now, I've ridden IASW in Disneyland more times than I can count, and I don't specifically remember an actual character in the Hawaii/South Pacific room dressed quite like this, but whatever. Kinda cool that it'll play the song in English AND Hawaiian.

My idea of hell is spending eternity in "It's a Small World "
HELL! I say!

F

Oh, but ATP, this way you can enjoy the character without having to endure 14 minutes of Hell! Or! Or, you can just place this innocent-looking hawaiian doll outside your arch-enemy's bedroom window, flip the switch to start the song, and let the torture begin!

On 2013-08-07 02:23, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
HELL! I say!

JB

On 2013-08-07 02:23, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
HELL! I say!

They replaced the Hell section of IASW with an Old West section, I think...

IASW is one of the polorizing things that you either love or hate. Seems any relationship contains one of each type of person and the one who hates it has to endure it every time the go! My favorite trick is to go around the different departments at work whistling or humming the song. By the end of the day the virus has spread to everyone :lol:

OK, back to the subject of the Hawaiian doll.

I was ok with IASW until the ride broke down and I had to listen to that song for 30+ minutes.
I will probably buy one of those dolls for my Hawaiian in-laws.

[ Edited by: tikilongbeach 2013-08-07 11:00 ]

An episode of the TV show "Married with Children", don't remember which one,
A character played by Matt Leblanc, characters name I don't remember,
states that (and I don't remember exact quote) the only time he does not think about sex is when he is on the IASW ride and during a prostate exam,
but then corrects himself because the hula dancers on IASW make him think of sex.

[->>King Bushwich 33rd on Hulu.com

The Poly/Hawai'i section of "it's a small world" has no lyrics, just a rendition of the theme on steel guitar and friends. IMHO it is the least-worst section of the ride to be stranded on during a break down - I speak from experience!

(I've never run across a copy of the musical loop from that section of the ride - anyone have it?)

MN

She looks Lilo-ized.

F

Josh, this is the closest I got for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2zTEHD8ReY
Someone with better "skills" than I could probably turn this into a loop.

On 2013-08-08 19:29, Joshua Bell wrote:
The Poly/Hawai'i section of "it's a small world" has no lyrics, just a rendition of the theme on steel guitar and friends. IMHO it is the least-worst section of the ride to be stranded on during a break down - I speak from experience!

(I've never run across a copy of the musical loop from that section of the ride - anyone have it?)

Pages: 1 9 replies