Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki farm Mug release party. Fri. Aug. 9th at Dons, 7-12 in longboard room

Pages: 1 17 replies

Damn I miss everything. Does anything tiki related happen in Texas? other than tiki week.

[ Edited by: theredneck tiki 2013-08-07 09:32 ]

On 2013-08-07 09:32, theredneck tiki wrote:
Damn I miss everything. Does anything tiki related happen in Texas? other than tiki week.

Houston is getting a pop up tiki bar called Lei Low. It's better than nothing until their permanent site opens up.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lei-Low-Bar/468373409919267

http://houston.eater.com/archives/2013/06/26/the-heights-is-getting-a-tiki-bar-welcome-lei-low.php

Grand Prize partners Matt Loreman, Ryan Rouse and Brad Moore have teamed up with Down House employees Elizabeth and Russell Thoede to launch Lei Low, Houston's only tiki bar. Despite the worn down looking location in an anonymous strip center, Moore tells Houstonia that Lei Low will be "a really good neighborhood bar" when it opens later this fall. The Thoedes are hard-core tiki fans who've collected memorabilia that will transform the space.

Interested imbibers can get a preview of Lei Low tonight at Grand Prize's upstairs bar. Starting at 8:30 p.m., the Thoedes will be on hand to preview eight or nine of the drinks on their cocktail menu. Grass skirts are strictly optional.

So......
How bout that awesome mug?
And, 2 surf bands?
Sounds like a great night.
And it's free!!!!!

Yes, BTD is correct. It should be a great time at Don's on Friday. What a great way to end a long work week! Come Hell or high water I'm going to this event.
The new mug and the bands will be awesome!

EJ

On 2013-08-07 09:32, theredneck tiki wrote:

The only other quasi tiki events in Houston are at Double Down I think the first Monday of the month and on Tuesdays at Anvil. Might have to check out Grand Prize tonight.

I think Holden will be there,
Not sure about the artist who designed it.

Well, it's 7, but there's nobody here??

P

For those that are going tonight, I also recommend Whiteboy James and the Blues Express. I imagine he will be cleaning up his act a bit from what he usually does in Long Beach but just in case, don't bring the kids. I would be there myself had I not other plans.

Doh, I was in the wrong room.

T

How many people showed up?

Could not make it out tonight, Sorry Holden I do my best to
support all the Tiki farm Soiree, but I have to attend my own Exorcism tonight
have a great one everybody!

I rarely go out but got an itch to go hang out with my old pal Holden tonight. Good times! Keelee's mug rocks!! It was nice seeing Delia too :)

I got reports from surf peeps it was packed.
How many do you think?

I was at Purple orchid show.
Hard decision.

HT

ATP , I hope the Exorcism went well, since your enhancement surgery you need to do everything possible.

Lost In Paradise: Tiki Farm HE'E Mug Release Party

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjc8YE0YWA0

T

Looking good Chris, thanks for doing the LiP series!

Pages: 1 17 replies