Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Shag Volcano Bowl

Pages: 1 10 replies

I received my bowl with the matching mugs....

On the bowl and the mugs there are areas where there is no glaze and there are those flea bite pin type things around it. For $425 (cost plus shipping and tax) I was kinda hoping there wouldn't be so many flaws.

Has anybody else received their bowls with these imperfections??

E

Same with mine.
Glad I didn't buy the other two sets - at $425, was I wrong to expect perfection?

TD

Perfection is EXTRA.

R

mine showed up perfect!!!

T

That doesn't seem right. Can you post pictures?

S

A friend bought one and i mentioned this thread to her and she said hers was fine.

K
kkocka posted on Mon, Sep 9, 2013 9:59 AM

On 2013-09-09 09:59, kkocka wrote:
Second chance to buy + 18x18 limited print for $375!
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/New-SHAG--KOEi--Volcano-Bowl---Mugs-Entertaining-Set---Print-Available-Here-.html?soid=1011214174534&aid=s0a-qKVXQkk

I believe the link above would be the third version.

Tiki Farm's version "Kelena" released August 26th. Shagmart's version "Kakaui" released September 2nd. Shag the Store's version above, "Koei" was released September 9th.

Cheers

E

Granted these imperfections are small, but at the hefty $375 price I expected more:

An extra bit of clay (white spot, where the glaze is thin) and ash specks from the firing process inside the bowl.

A pit in the clay on the underside of the bowl.

Glaze skip on the ear of a mug - the remaining glaze crystalized into darker granules.

Glaze bubbles inside the bowl.

Running glaze (i.e. glaze applied too thickly) along the rim inside the bowl.

I have received all three sets and they are fine.

That seems a bit excessive where imperfections are concerned. I know this is kinda the obvious question but did you try contacting Tiki Farm? I went back and had a good 2nd REALLY close look at mine and it was ok as well. I hope you get it resolved.

Pages: 1 10 replies