Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Trader Sam's Tiki mug + menu + swizzel sticks 4 sale

Pages: 1 10 replies

PP

Hey All,
went to Trader Sams last night, seems they are out of the new Krakatoa mugs, so they have new old stock from Tiki Farm now, they are taller than the first mugs and a darker brown, Im selling my extra one along with lighted ice cube, 2 swizel sticks a short white one and tall brown one, and a menu all for the low low price of 45.00
thanks
paul

K

I see that's why they're limiting the number of menus out these days, heh.

F

Pele Paul,

Why did you take one of the bar menus? Unless you were explicitly told by TS staff that it was okay to take one of the bar menus (which I can almost be sure was NOT the case), you have stolen a piece of Disney property. To kkocka's previous comment, stuff like this DOES have an impact. Remember when they first opened thay had the cool bound menus with full color illustrations on every table? Then, for some reason people felt entitled to TAKE them, only to see half of them end up for sale, like it was some kind of sanctioned exclusive.

Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight. I think it's disrespectful and shameful to steal, not to mention the legality of sticky fingers (yes, even from a "faceless" corporation). And to do it from TS is an affront to the establishment and Tiki. If you enjoy something, you support it and cherish it and respect it. You observe the waterfall, enjoy it, and leave it as you found it (or better). You don't tear it apart. In this world, that only leads to its disappearance (or cheap replacements).

Do the right thing and take the menu back.

Thanks

On 2013-09-15 19:02, Pele Paul wrote:
Hey All,
went to Trader Sams last night, seems they are out of the new Krakatoa mugs, so they have new old stock from Tiki Farm now, they are taller than the first mugs and a darker brown, Im selling my extra one along with lighted ice cube, 2 swizel sticks a short white one and tall brown one, and a menu all for the low low price of 45.00
thanks
paul

K

Well, I wasn't trying to rip the guy. I was just remaking that every time I'm in there's always some kind of menu drama. There were very few around on my last visit.

Hey All, I actually got the menu from a friend who had been there the other day, so when I went and asked for the complementary menu they gave me weird looks!!! I will go back this week and return the menu for sure!!! don't need any bad ju ju hangin around me !!! thanks for the heads up guys!!! well, now I have an excuse to go back for another drink!!!!
paul

F

Pele Paul, no harm no foul then. You'll still be a tiki hero for taking back to them. Or keep it for yourself- I take you at your word and what's done it done.

Either way, I can certainly identify with your sentiment of getting back there for another round of enchanted island libations!

Mahalo!

PP

Thanks Finky,
I'll just go on down and sit down at a table with it in my hand, and no one will be the wiser lol
but any excuse to go back for a refreshing hour of vacation!!

paul

I am happy to hear you are returning the menu. When you go back. Can you snap some photos? I am curious what the inside of Trader Sams looks like.

Howard Dinits from Maui.

On 2013-09-16 21:27, EatDrinkAndBeMaui wrote:
Can you snap some photos? I am curious what the inside of Trader Sams looks like.

The pics you want start about page 7 or 8; http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36594&forum=1

PP

On 2013-09-16 21:27, EatDrinkAndBeMaui wrote:
I am happy to hear you are returning the menu. When you go back. Can you snap some photos? I am curious what the inside of Trader Sams looks like.

Howard Dinits from Maui.

Id be happy to, every time I go there I take photos....

T

Kahiki used to sell the menus.
Damn it's Disney, make a ton of them and sell em.

Pages: 1 10 replies