Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

My next mug

Pages: 1 20 replies

Aloha all, While my test mugs are at the store with the kiln, I'm starting on a new design... Love to hear some feedback...

I'm calling him "Leisure Chimp". Still some work to do, and I have to sculpt a tassel on the side.
Thanks for looking...

Nice!

Very expressive eyes!

Wow--that looks great!

It's spectacular: especially the eyes.

BT

Yeah, the shine on the eys is specular :D I mean spectacular !

A

Who isn't going to say wow... WOW! Amazing :)

[ Edited by: AdOrAdam 2013-09-24 14:32 ]

Thanks all very much for the kind words, I'll keep updating as I get him molded.

Wow! Looks great. Could you sculpt a little tiki-esque design into the front of the fez, as if it were an embroidered badge? That would be extra deluxe!

GK

I've left the front of the fez blank just for that sort of thing, I figure I can add a clay applique to it before firing. I'm hoping the Smugglers Cove here in SF will want some custom ones once they see a finished one.

T

Beautiful. Fantastic details everywhere. Love how the felt contrasts so much w/ the hair (fur?). You've hit the chimp on the head w/ this one!

Can't wait to see this piece progress!

Wow, that's awesome! I was going to post my shrunkin monkey head mug but it doesn't even compare!!!

Wow....that has got awesome character!!!

I love it. I'm already lined up to get one or two (or three!)

F

Wow, indeed! The eyes are amazing. Liek the idea about a design for the fez.
Please do post more as progress continues. Would love to see the intermittent steps along the way to the finish.

TT

Leisure Chimp is for sale and some new designs at the new store front.

http://bootiki.bigcartel.com

Amazing stuff!

T

Awesome chimp- as well as your other mugs. Wow!

I Love Love Love mine!!!!!

[ Edited by: Tiki Tonie 2014-02-14 19:41 ]

This mug is beautiful!. I'm new to collecting mugs but I haven't seen one with this much detail and texture before

[ Edited by: MissClaireTiki 2014-03-13 10:45 ]

This is very impressive work... I give you mondo Mega encouragement to produce a run of this design... a Tiki design of some sort would be a nice touch on the front of the Fez... or perhaps a puffer fish?

Pages: 1 20 replies