Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Fall 2013 Mug Swap

Pages: 1 2 87 replies

Signup is closed!

Has it really been THAT long since the last swap?!

Join up by October 31
You'll receive your name to send to by November 5
Send packages BEFORE November 22 (and maybe we'll all be thankful by Thanksgiving).

Participants:
Pittsburgh Pauly* (on the way)
tikilongbeach (received)
Slacks Ferret* (on the way)
ukutiki* (x2 on the way)
AdOrAdam (received)
finky099 (received)
TikiTacky* (x2 received)
Ragbag Comics* (received)
klockwork* (on the way)
Pikey's Dog* (x2) (1 on the way)
Moai Mike (on the way)
Brenda's Tiki hut (received)
Holler Waller (on the way)
danlovestikis (received)
Bongo Bungalow (received)

• means that I have your olga-mooga and have passed it along to your sender.

(updated as of 11/7)

"THE RULES, AS BEFORE (thanks SandraDee):

General Rules:

Swaps are secret so once you get a name you do not tell everyone who you got

Swaps are not reciprocal, you send to someone, they send to someone else who sends to a third, etc.

Never post on here that you have sent your box--if everyone follows this rule I can update the thread with who can expect packages on a daily basis--if you post you sent then it may not be that big of a surprise

Enter as many times as you like

Send what you would like to get. As in no broken/damaged items or Harvey's bucket mugs.

Thank you for arranging this Pittsburgh Pauly. I'm in for 1.

Why would I say no? I'm in!

U

PP.

Put me in for two. Thanks.

Ukutiki

A

I'd be happy to opt in, so much common stuff from the States I dont see in the UK... :)

I've PMed you my address :)

F

Count me in, too!

T

I'm in!

I'm IN for one!

--Pete

Bump

I'm in!

PD

I'm in (x2)

T

Heck, put me in for 2 (I'm already in for one). I've got some great stuff to share.

PD

I'm in (x2)

MM

I have never done a mug exchange before but I want to try it so, I'm in!

I see the list of names at the top, but it only shows me in for one. I'll go X2.

On 2013-10-10 16:48, TikiTacky wrote:
I see the list of names at the top, but it only shows me in for one. I'll go X2.

I haven't updated sine the 7th. I will tomorrow. :)

I'm in

I'll go in once more .....

I'm in for one. Wendy-danlovestikis

Wow, we're getting quite a crowd.

Deadline is coming up, folks! There's some great mugs out there, you never know what you'll end up with. A look at the past swaps shows that people tend to go all out for these (which is what I endeavor to do as well!). Sign up before it's too late!

Bump, the deadline is October 31st.

Last Call!
Who's in?
I'll pick names tomorrow (hopefully).

U

PP

Thanks for all your work. Please let us know if our swap partners are on Ooga-Mooga.

Mahalo, ukutiki

Well... If I'm not too late, I'll join in too...

F

Excited for this!

T

:sheckymug: :sheckymug: :sheckymug:

T-shirts based on vintage tiki matchbooks: TikiTees

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2013-11-04 09:37 ]

T

Did something happen to Paulie?

F

Did you PM him? I almost did last night, but figured he must have gotten busy with life outside the interwebs and tiki mug swaps. :wink:

T

No, I figured he'd log in when he's ready.

The first post says we're supposed to get our names by the 5th...

...I still haven't received mine. But I assume that is true for everyone involved, yes?

Correct, no one has. I'll PM Pauly.

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2013-11-09 10:02 ]

Sorry for the delay everybody.

Life got in the way this week, first work, then in-laws (good thing I like them :wink:

I've sent PMs to everyone with their partner, so we should be all set!
Get shipping and let me know when you have!

I also sent out the ooga-moogas of everyone I had so that the sender can see what you have and better select a mug to send.
I noted whose ooga-mooga accounts I have with an * in the list on the original post.
If you want me to pass on your ooga-mooga and you're not *'d let me know what it is and I'll pass it along.

Thanks for joining in everybody!

Paul

Yay! This should be a lot of fun.

We have our first shipment!
Be on the lookout Brenda's Tiki Hut!

Bongo Bungalow and Pikey's Dog you have some coming your way!

Mahalo Bongo Bungalow! The shirt is awesome! Love all of it!

TikiTacky, I'm mailing yours out tomorrow.

Pittsburgh Pauly, Mahalo. You are putting me back in the aloha spirit I've lost as of late.

Whoa, that's amazing! While I certainly intended to send more than just a mug, I don't have the resources to put together this kind of treasure chest of tiki goodness. Outstanding job, Bongo Bungalow!

On 2013-11-17 13:40, Brenda's Tiki Hut wrote:
Mahalo Bongo Bungalow! The shirt is awesome! Love all of it!

TikiTacky, I'm mailing yours out tomorrow.

Pittsburgh Pauly, Mahalo. You are putting me back in the aloha spirit I've lost as of late.

Wow, that's a great haul! :)

Congrats, Brenda, and nice job, Bongo! Regardless of what I get, I loved putting together the packages for my recipients and I'm excited just to see what comes my way. Even if it's just a Leilani mug!

So glad you are happy Brenda! It makes me happy to share!

Since Pauly hasn't posted, I wanted to let finky099 and TikiLongBeach know that their boxes shipped yesterday and they should be arriving tomorrow.

A

My package set off yesterday. I have PMed Pauly. I'm looking forward to them getting it as much I'm looking forward to getting mine :)

If you haven't got one yet, it could be you ~ expect it when you least expect it!

It's anarchy, people posting that they've sent!
:)
I need to check in more often.
Be on the lookout:
Slacks Ferret
TikiTacky
Moai Mike

Thank you for much TikiTacky! You gave me quite the treasure trove of vintage Trader Vic's goodies and I didn't have any of it. I love chocolate and old menus so thank you again. The hula girl swizzle sticks are great too!

Lori,

Take a good look, one of those items yields an additional surprise.

On 2013-11-20 14:26, TikiTacky wrote:
Lori,

Take a good look, one of those items yields an additional surprise.

Wow, the matchbook does hold an awesome surprise! Thank you very much. So many excellent choices...

F

TikiTacky, got my box and thank you for the great mug and HH chocolates! I always get some of these when I'm in Hawaii (but it's been almost 2 years since my last trip there.) Love the Mr. Bali Hai. One of those iconic mugs that is a welcome addition to my mug family.

Pages: 1 2 87 replies