Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Back Yard Tiki Project Vegas

Pages: 1 13 replies

D

Hey All , great forum, Im working on a new project, Not near the level as most of the other home tiki bars on here, but fun just the same.

The original Patio Area and early Tiki Bar

Started by Putting cabana weave on the walls

Then added more and painted patio doors

Added bamboo poles, and a palapa connecting the the patio.

More to Come!

D

Here are a fe more pics of the work in progress

the original Kit bar which I will later customize

Closing off the open patio and creating the back of the bar area

Customizing the bar Kit

Bamboo panels on front of bar

MORE TO COME, Thanks!

D
dtel posted on Sat, Oct 5, 2013 10:41 AM

Cool looking yard, hard to beat a bar with a pool area like that right there, perfect for parties.

You are doing a great job...love the random heights of the bamboo...it adds dimension. Welcome to TC...looking forward to more pictures of your project.

Like the thick boo

Jon

D

Lined the back wall with bamboo reed and added Tiki Masks, got some rattan/bamboo furniture off of craigs list, this is the view from the bar area

Put reed on the ceiling ( man do I hate working with Stucco!) aded glass floats, net and some nautical decor Trying to keep everything Vintage tiki south pacific. found a vintage looking internet capable radio with Pandora and sirius capabilities. changed the old porch lights from stupid spotlights to a rustic lantern style with flickering bulb, I liked the lava lamps at first but i dont think they go with the "vintage" look, Ill probably lose them.

A

I'm liking the pics on the this thread - keep em coming! :)

MR

I dig the progress. Great setting, like a grand backdrop for an amazing work of art. Looking forward to seeing more.

Here are the latest additions and updates, I added some more decor and a few bistro chairs to allow for a more open seating feel, also it would be hard to fit all my guests onto the sofa.
Flat screen TV covered by sunbrella canvas in brown.
Next step is to add even more nautical Tiki Decor and to cover the rest of the perimeter wall in bamboo reed.

Awesome
You can send me a copy of da key
I'll keep it safe for you
:)

Jon

F

Diver, that looks great! Inspires me to try and finally convert part of my patio to the little slice o'Tiki heaven I've been wanting for years. I like the vintage style telephone you hung outside, too. Nice touch.

One of my friend in Florida has this kind of Tiki Bar built with bamboo in his backyard and it looks awesome. We are thinking to have the same in our backyard,They are available in huge variety you can have them without spending much.

[ Edited by: Dipsmith 2013-11-05 04:24 ]

[ Edited by: Dipsmith 2013-11-05 04:28 ]

Awesome job so far. Love the radio too!

Pages: 1 13 replies