Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Kraftwerk-8 concerts Walt Disney Concert Hall March 18-21, 2014

Pages: 1 5 replies

There is nothing tiki about this post.

http://kraftwerk.laphil.com/

Kraftwerk
The Catalogue 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
3-D Concerts
German electronic music pioneers Kraftwerk play eight 3-D concerts at Walt Disney Concert Hall March 18-21, 2014 to launch the LA Phil’s Minimalist Jukebox Festival. These will be their first L.A. dates since 2005.

KRAFTWERK - THE CATALOGUE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 is a chronological exploration of their sonic and visual experiments, showcasing eight classic master works from across their celebrated repertoire with spectacular 3-D visualizations and effects.

Kraftwerk’s technological innovation and minimalism resonates deeply throughout modern music. Their albums have had a worldwide influence across a wide range of music genres. With their visions of the future, Kraftwerk created the soundtrack for the digital age of the 21st century.

Combining sound and images, the performances showcase 40 years of musical and technical innovation, including new improvisations, 3-D projections and animation. Commencing with Autobahn, each performance covers one of Kraftwerk’s groundbreaking studio albums in full and appear in order of their release — Autobahn (1974), Radio-Activity (1975), Trans Europe Express (1977), The Man-Machine (1978), Computer World (1981), Techno Pop (1986), The Mix (1991) and Tour de France (2003) — alongside additional compositions from their back catalog.

•1 Autobahn (1974), Tuesday, March 18, 7:30 PM
•2 Radio-Activity (1975), Tuesday, March 18, 10:30 PM
•3 Trans Europe Express (1977), Wednesday, March 19, at 7:30 PM
•4 The Man-Machine (1978), Wednesday, March 19, at 10:30 PM
•5 Computer World (1981), Thursday, March 20, at 7:30 PM
•6 Techno Pop (1986), Thursday, March 20, 10:30 PM
•7 The Mix (1991), Friday, March 21, 7:30 PM
•8 Tour de France (2003), March 21, 10:30 PM
The LA Phil expects demand to be high for Kraftwerk’s exclusive series of concerts at Walt Disney Concert Hall based on recent success in New York, Düsseldorf, London, Sydney and Tokyo. To ensure everyone has an equal chance to purchase tickets, the LA Phil has put in place an Invitation On Sale process.

HOW TO GET TICKETS

Registration opens Tuesday, December 3 at 10am PST and closes Friday December 6 at 11:59pm PST. Selected registrants will receive an e-mail invitation with a link and a unique code to purchase tickets beginning at 10am PST on Wednesday, December 11. During registration, you will be given the option to prioritize your top four concert choices. The code will allow you to purchase up to four (4) tickets TOTAL across the eight concerts.

What! oh hell yea! saw them in 1980 & 1994 (I think?)
Doug Horne & I will be looking into this...

Oh yea...not Tiki....but cool.

H

I've seen 'em before too... Santa Monica Civic 1981. Perhaps ATP, that is the "1980" show you are thinking of? They played the Long Beach Convention Center in '81 too. http://www.technopop-archive.com/data_tour.php

Out of these upcoming shows, I think I would make the Radio Activity concert my first choice.

Yes, I am loosing it, Santa Monica Civic 1981, great show
saw Tim Curry at the civic in 1979 as both Clash shows that year also.

#4 The Man-Machine show or #3 Trans Europe Express

Perhaps Kraftwerk is not directly tiki but could be decendant of original exotica.
Both types of music try to create environment and atmosphere as opposed to telling a story or conveying an emotion or opinion as most popular music tries to do.

Pages: 1 5 replies