Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Aloha Outpost

Pages: 1 33 replies

Well, I have been admiring(actually quite jealous) all of your post for quite some time and decided to share a little. I started out just trying to make the backyard fun adding a little bar and some tiki paraphernalia including the required palm trees. This last spring I was checking out pictures on my computer of a search "backyard adventureland" and I saw some pictures of a back yard bar inspired by Disney's Adventureland. I knew it was time to make a change. Up here north of Seattle we can get some rain so what ever I was going to build would have to provide some seating even if it got a bit wet. Since I love Tiki and Disneyland I did a little bit of both. I think this year I will concentrate on adding even more Tiki's. Sorry the pictures aren't the best I will work on that for the future. I really enjoy seeing all your hard work it's very inspiring.

H

Nice and cozy.

Nice!

Wait! How Far North of Seattle?

Thank you, I live in South Everett near Mill Creek

Very nice cueball! Welcome to TC.

Welcome to TC and nice job so far. :tiki:

When My daughter found out I had posted this she wanted to be included, she did help me find a lot of the tiki's and other decorations

Nice job C B! Landscaping looks great. Are the large rocks real?
Mahalo for sharing.

Thanks, the rocks are real and the only things that remain from the original landscape. However, I didn't know most of them were there because they were covered with heather.

Lookin good bruddah

D
dtel posted on Tue, Dec 3, 2013 8:44 PM

Very nice, that's a great looking view from behind the bar, cool landscaping.

On 2013-11-29 14:18, cueball446 wrote:
Thank you, I live in South Everett near Mill Creek

Nice! I live near downtown Everett on Rucker Hill, (well, at the bottom actually)Our place is a rental so unfortunately no room for a bar at this time.

We might have to have a "North of Seattle" meet up!

Looking great. I love that you used old "crates" for the bar panelling. Everything looks really great. Keep the photos coming.
Okole Maluna

Thank you for the kind words. The bar is inspired by another on this site. I see all that other members have done and it makes me want to do much more. In the works is a Tiki playhouse for my daughter and her friends. I have been building and adding to my backyard design. I have been collecting used wood and building with that. It keeps costs down and adds to the look. Here are some of the boxes I have built using old fence boards. I also tried to upload a video of a skull I hacked to work like the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I can use a microphone to talk and entertain all the neighborhood ki
ds. I also found some cool hand painted pictures at the local thrift store. The video did not upload correctly but it should be fun

NICE JOB!!! The boxes turned out well and always love a flamingo on the scene.

Great job, really liking the landscape look. Been turning some of my boxs into planters.

I built the boxes for people to sit on by the fire and the taller box makes a great table for a tropical drink and snack. I love getting on this site and checking out what everyone is doing and getting new ideas. I see some of the things people do and I am completely amazed.

Nice job!!! Keep up the good work. Check out the simflame lighting controller. It's a great way to add realism to your lights and lanterns simulating a flickering candle light. I purchased several of them and I'm
experimenting on my own backyard playground. There awesome! Good luck!!

http://www.simflame.com

Mahalo!

PP

love your bar area! how did I miss seeing the Jungle Cruise painting on the side of the house/garage? too cool!!! you do a great jobs on your crates too!! we need to chat and trade ideas!!!
paul

Thanks for the kind words. I am always open to exchanging ideas. I have added some stuff to the yard. I found that alot of my friends come over with their kids and as kids are want to do, they are always wanting to get into everything. So, I am adding more kid friendly stuff. I still want to be Tiki but I am adding more "Disney" type things. Keeps the kids busy and allows the "adults" to get down to some serious hanging out. I will post some pictures but if you have any ideas I would love to hear them. I added a facade of a old pirate type of building and will be putting "Skully" up there. He has a simple Single channel light organ circuit board to allow him to move his mouth along with what ever is playing over the speakers. His thing will be the pirates of the Caribbean ride sound track. That should keep the kids busy. As always this is the most fascinating site on the web.

[ Edited by: cueball446 2014-05-17 23:42 ]

Hi Cueball! Your yard is beautiful. It has lots of color. I am from Lake Forest Park, myself but live in Mount Vernon now. Well, this last week was probably pretty fun for you and your family with the beautiful warm weather.

H

This looks wonderful! Love your use of reclaimed wood, so much more interesting than when everything is a little too clean and perfect.

I can second the earlier recommendation of SimFlame. Instant Adventureland lighting.

Thank you, the Pirates needed a place and moved in. They get a little rowdy on the weekends but the neighbor kids like them. Made a frame then used real mortar, probably something better because it weighs about a hunded and fifty pounds. I am now working on a Tiki playhouse on the hill between the palm trees.

M

love the landscaping and all the different textures. nice use of lighting and props as well.
bang up job!

ARGH!!! Love it.

So, working on the Outpost 2.0. Just moved, the new buyer didn't want the bar, so, it got torn down. My new place has a lot more room and the previous owner logged out the property and left pile of logs. So, when life gives you lemons make a new tiki bar. It's still a work in progress and no landscaping has been done yet but we've only lived here about 6 months.

More work done

Looking good! I love that boardwalk.

Love your outdoor bar! I have one but have a vacation place now so another build will be happening eventually....

Thanks, do you have any pics of your bar?

We needed more room for more friends so ....

When I moved into the house I found two of these speakers in the garage attic, dated 1953. Installed some modern drivers and hung them up.
Then, invite over friends to test it out...

Looks great all lit up!

Pages: 1 33 replies