Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Lowes Tiki items -- solar statues, tiki torches, etc.

Pages: 1 1 replies

Our Lowes was putting out summer items today including some solar Tiki statues in their garden section near the tiki torches. These are similar to the Big Lots' solar tiki "pink eye" gods from a few years back. These seem to be made of some type of plaster-like material, different from the BL's ones. I know these are not to everyone's taste but know that some here will find them worth a look. The eyes on the Lowes guys are yellow BTW.

The texturing on them isn't bad, personally I probably would repaint the painted areas with colors of my choosing. There's a solar panel on top and the On/off button is recessed underneath the base. The smaller one is approximately 15 inches tall by 6 inches wide. The medium one is approximately 20-1/2 inches tall by 9 inches wide. These aren't in great quantity. One store had one medium in, another one had 2 mediums in and maybe 3-4 of the small ones in stock. Didn't notice anything in a large size. I asked a clerk if they would be getting more on the shelves and the clerk looked the medium one up and said she didn't think they would be ordering more unless what they had out was sold out.

Here's a photo.

So looking forward to spring/summer already and winter just started. BTW the two Lowes I was in also had started getting in their palms. I'm on the West Coast and we reached 70 today while the East Coast is being buried in snow and I expect shipments eastward won't be arriving for sometime. Some nice tiki torch designs this year (should have taken a photo).

Not too garish - @ a Lowes in TN

Pages: 1 1 replies