Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

3D Tiki Photos Viewable with Red/Blue Glasses

Pages: 1 31 replies

Here are three 3D images of one of the tiki apartments on Rosemead Blvd. in Rosemead. I actually did these a while ago but got so busy I forgot to post them! If you have a pair of red/blue glasses, you can see some nice depth. The tikis almost pop out of the picture! If you need a pair of glasses the cardboard pairs can be purchased on Ebay (or you can sometimes find 3D books at your local 99 Cents Store). I hope you enjoy these!

Very cool! I'll have to dig up a pair of glasses and take a look

Fabulous...just ordered a pair of glasses off Amazon (only a couple of bucks).

Thanks, those are very cool.

That's funny! I was just doing some 3D reading today…

FM

Taschen publishes the best books!

FM

Procinema, we have the same eye for photography! I took these on 11/03/2012

I pulled out my 3-D glasses and your pics are pretty cool!

I'm glad you enjoy these! Here's one of the great Bahooka, early in the morning, just a few days before they closed.

"Joyous Songs and Wondrous Miracles."

[ Edited by: procinema29 2014-01-19 23:44 ]

And at an earlier date, from a few years ago, here are the tikis near the bathrooms in Bahooka. That avenue to the left, leading towards the back rooms, seems to extend endlessly.

FM

Unfortunately, this is how that hallway with the bathrooms looks now.

FM

I'm going back to pick up some fish tanks and the turtles. The new owner is selling them off now.

Very good, I hope you get some...

I thought it might be a good idea to suggest that folks put together their own 3D anaglyphs, using the free program "Anaglyph Maker." (This is what I used to make mine, and it's pretty easy to use. A bit of practice makes it even easier.)

I would love to see everyone's 3D tiki photos!

The ones I have posted on this thread are greatly reduced from their original resolution, with a resultant loss of detail. The full-resolution versions are MUCH nicer and more vivid. You may find that making high-res 3D images is a good way of recording the depth information of a scene or an object that you like. (I really love tiki waterfalls. A flat image of one is nice, I think. But a 3D image of one is "wow.")

Here's the link to the Anaglyph Maker page:

http://www.stereoeye.jp/software/index_e.html

[ Edited by: procinema29 2014-01-20 07:20 ]

Sven's got the right idea...btw there's a great 3-D book of vintage nudes by the great Harold Lloyd out there I'd highly recommend for the artistically inclined

FM

Would the full resolution pics be too big to post? A 3-D tiki pic page would be fun.

FM

I just saw a Harold Lloyd book on Amazon for $6.22, new. BOUGHT!

Some images from my last trip to Easter Island, 2013
Pics was taken with a digital Fujifilm 3D camera.

A gift from Tahiti to Easter Island, the sculpture is a brand new one in the main avenue of Hanga Roa.

The Hotu Matu'a square.

The Iorana Hotel

Dr. Alderete
http://www.jorgealderete.com
http://www.vertigogaleria.com

[ Edited by: Dr. Alderete 2014-01-20 19:50 ]

One from the Tike'a exhibition at Museum of Antropology, Easter Island.
Also taken with the Fuji W3 camera.

There is no tikis on this ones (sorry)...
At the gardens of the Museum of Modern Art in Mexico City...
Taken with a digital Aiptek camera.

So is that the new book you are coming out with Sven? Can't wait. :wink:

A Menehune and a plastic Moai (and other things) from my desk, several months ago...

Wow! Fantastic work, everyone! Very impressive...

On 2014-01-21 07:57, procinema29 wrote:
Wow! Fantastic work, everyone! Very impressive...

Hi procinema29 which camera do you use to take your pictures?

Sven, judging from the reflection in you glasses that book is quite impressive!!! :lol:

Found my 3D glasses, nice pics. The Still Life with Menehunes really shows a depth of field. Do those cameras really have 2 lenes to make a true 3D image or is it just an illusion?

Yes, those cameras has 2 lenses

Fujifilm Real 3D W3 http://www.fujifilm.com/products/3d/camera/finepix_real3dw3/

Aiptek 3D iS2 http://www.aiptek3d.com/

Sometimes I also use the Nimslo which isn't digital camera, and it has 4 lenses

Nimslo 3D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimslo

A few more at Rano Raraku, Easter Island
taken with Fuji W3

T

I just have to say this is a great thread! Thanks to everyone for posting these 3D pics!

I agree--these are some stunning images!

Alderete, I am using a fairly simple camera, a Kodak Easyshare Touch. I take the left and right pictures separately, then put them together later using Anaglyph Maker...

Cool stuff!
I'd like to give Anaglyph Maker a try.
Could you explain your formula for taking the 2 photos?
On a tripod, and then move it over a few inches?
Thanks!

Great Procinema, I never try to take two pictures with a regular camera, but I use the Anaglyph Maker to make my 3D illustrations...

I don't usually use a tripod--although a tripod usually gives good results, I find it is bothersome to pack and unpack it. I just keep the camera as level as possible while taking the pictures. I usually take not merely two photos but three or four, moving the camera position about 2 or three inches to the left or right for each image. Then later, I can look at the photos and pick the ones to use for the anaglyph. Often I will make several anaglyphs using different pairs of photos, and pick the one that works the best.

Anaglyph Maker allows several options for making different kinds of images (color anaglyph, black and white, and so on) and has easy tools for altering contrast/brightness and for aligning the two images you choose for an optimal depth effect. Playing around with the program for a while will teach you whatever you need to know, it's very intuitive and user-friendly. I hope you have fun!

Thanks procinema, your tip works great!
I'll play around with this and post the results if I come up with something cool.
Thanks again!

Martin Denny's Forbidden Island inspired

and other one

Pages: 1 31 replies