Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Anyone have a connection at The Tonga Room? (NEVERMIND)

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I got engaged in San Francisco 7 years ago this Saturday. We haven't had the chance to go back until now, due to 3 kids (but we have a babysitter this weekend - Yay trip for just the two of us!). Back in December, my wife made a reservation at The Tonga Room for this Saturday at 8:30pm for our anniversary (or so she thought). She went to print our plane, hotel & dinner reservation info today and realized that she didn't make the Tonga Room reservation after all. She is devastated. She called them today, but they said they aren't taking any more reservations for this weekend. Does anyone have a contact there who can possibly help us out? It would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!

Mahaloz!!!
Kiwi Steve

P.S. I'm glad it was her who messed up this time! It's usually me!

[ Edited by: Kiwi Steve 2014-01-23 19:04 ]

Congrats on your anniversary! I made reservations on xmas night. They called me twice to confirm that I was going to be there and emailed. It seemed like they thought they were going to be super busy, but when we got there only half the restaurant was full. I think that you can just show up and still get a table, I don't think it will be a problem. I hope that you can get a reservation, but if not I would just show up and tell them your story. I bet that you will get in.

Have fun!

Thanks Treg!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will go there anyway, but it would be GREAT if we had peace of mind...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like you had fun at the Mai Kai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone was able to get us a reservation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice! GLad it worked out!

THat is some good karma right there!!! Hope you have an awesome anniversary.

Thanks VampiressRN!!!!!! We will definitely have a good time! We'll only be up there for a tad less than 48 hours. We are planning on going to the Tonga Room, Smuggler's Cove & Forbidden Island. Everything else, we are playing it by ear. Mahaloz!!!

Glad it worked out! Have a great time & Happy Anniversary!

Thank You Lori!!!!!!!

Just an update.... A friend of a friend had a reservation at 9:45pm & he gave it to us. That was awesome!!!!! The next day, Lucas from the Fairmont Hotel registered on Tiki Central just to send me a PM. He asked me to email him & he would have the Tonga Room's manager contact me. I explained that we were able to get a reservation for 9:45 from a friend & he said he'll have the manager contact us anyway. I was so grateful! Well, James from the Tonga Room called me & said he's going to hook us up at 8:30pm and show us a good time. I'm so humbled that everyone is helping us out... The Tiki Community is a an AMAZING family!!!!!!! A big MAHALO to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 8 replies