Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki drink decoration question

Pages: 1 13 replies

Does anyone know what those vintage drink decorations were called that had a curved wooden stock with what looked like a joined pair of paper parasols dangling from it?

I don't remember what the name is but I found a package of the very same at Cost Plus World Market a couple of years ago, they may still have them.

Are you referring to one of these things?

They have been around forever, not sure the name is?

More of a discussion on the topic here.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4301&forum=1&start=0&hilite=bamboo room

DC

Thanks! That's the one.

MasterDusty with paper to prove it
:)

These are the ones you can find at Cost Plus World Market and also Chinatown (if you live near one..most of the markets in Chinatown sell ones similiar).

oh and photo/drinks by PolyPop!

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2014-01-30 09:34 ]

Thanks for that. I checked Cost Plus World Market locally and online and couldn't find anything. Maybe it's a regional thing. If you have a box, can you tell me what they're called so I can search for it?

CPWM never has pictured these online (I have looked too) and it seems they get them in randomly.

I have better luck in Chinatown in SF finding them on a consistant basis.

I no longer have the package they came in but I think they are called something like "lantern swizzles" or "lantern umbrellas stir sticks"

Search turned up nothing. I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled.

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2014-01-30 10:08 ]

Thanks for the photo cred SandraDee! :) I found mine in Chinatown awhile back just walking through the alley of street vendors there. They had a bunch of other styles too.

DW15N is close, but lacks the parasols. I'm looking for the other type because they're more historically accurate.

On 2014-01-30 10:18, PolynesianPop wrote:
Thanks for the photo cred SandraDee! :)

I'd rather be a taste tester for those drinks! :)

I have a package of those but I can't look at them until probably this weekend when I'm in my storage. I'll check and see. I'm hoping I didn't rip off the top. If not I should have a name and UPC code. I got them at World Market but it was about 2-3 years ago.

Pages: 1 13 replies