Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

James Dean Eat Your Heart Out, It's Leather Tiki Shirts

Pages: 1 15 replies

B

Hello. I am new here on Tiki Central, and wanted to introduce myself and my new fashion company, Brotus. I have just released a collection of the 1950's panel shirt now in leather.

JAMES DEAN, EAT YOUR HEART OUT
Hey Guys, if your looking for an original clothing item to wear at the next car show, on stage, or just to impress your buds, not to mention the ladies, then you might want to have a leather panel shirt.

Take a look below. If you want more then check out my website: http://www.brotusapparel.com. Everything is custom made.

Those are pretty cool. I am thinking in some climates they might be a tad warm to wear but never seen someone combine the fabrics like that so well.

Thanks for sharing your store with us!

yeah nice. But yeah could get hot and sweaty. Is there a cloth lining inside to absorb perspiration? Couldn't find any pics. Lovin the look.

What.......well that's different.

TM

Different, and totally awesome!

T

I did not see that commin.
When I don't see prices it's kinda scary.
But then if you have to ask the price they say.
Once had a shirt with leather and cloth mix, loved it.
Till I got the dry cleaning bill.

And looks like yes.
"Is there a cloth lining inside to absorb perspiration?"

"Civil War and an electric blue dupioni silk lining."

B
brotus posted on Sun, Feb 9, 2014 7:15 PM

Hi Everyone.
Thanks for the great replies. I have just updated my website with prices. Some of you may find these prices to be shockingly high. But, custom luxury clothing is a time consuming process that is labor intensive and involves a good amount of customer service. In the end, you walk away with a product that provides: confidence, self expression, and is a lot of fun to wear. These are real crowd pleasers for those who like to dress to impress.

The fact that these shirts are leather makes them ideal for cooler weather. And to make them more comfortable for warmer climates, I can add side panels that run from the armpits to the hem of the shirts with perforated leather for ventilation. Same with the lining. I can add perforated fabric down the sides. I am also looking into special fabrics that lift and release sweat from the body.

So, I am doing everything I can to make products better and more functional. Please keep the responses coming.

-Craig

T

Holy crap. $2,700+ for a shirt. That's just...wow. Then again, I've paid over $20 for a matchbook, so who am I to judge? I just wish I had the kind of income that makes a $2,700 shirt something that doesn't seem laughable. But I don't. So I'm laughing.

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2014-02-09 19:36 ]

Ouch!

Those are nice...expensive...but nice!!!

T

Ha!
And I was worried about the dry cleaning bill.
Lots of the tiki folks I know here don't spend that much on a car.

On 2014-02-10 15:49, tikiskip wrote:
Ha!
And I was worried about the dry cleaning bill.
Lots of the tiki folks I know here don't spend that much on a car.

I get my cars from Jesus Diablo's "You Haul It, You bought it!" in Tijuana....

Those are awesome!

I will, however, have to admire them from afar because I am afraid in the south florida heat I would burst into flames.

B

Hello Everyone.

I have decided to bring my pricing way down on the tiki/panel shirts. Basic shirts start at $1200 each. Your choice of colors and lining. Art work is extra. 2-3 fittings included so you walk a way with a great fitting shirt. Yes, there are costly, but custom clothing is a lot of work and you will have a super cool shirt for years.

Contact me via my website if interested. http://www.brotusapparel.com

Regards,
Craig
Brotus

TM

Brotus, I don't believe you need to justify your prices. These are clearly premium items, and you are quite the artist! I can imagine you will probably have a celebrity clientele....a little out of my price range, but if I won the lottery, I would be giving you a call. These "shirts" are all kinds of cool!

B

Hey my friend. Thank you for the boost. Mucho apreciado.

Pages: 1 15 replies