Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

My swedish tropical hideout

Pages: 1 10 replies

I've been missing a tropical lounge here in Sweden so I started a few years ago to build my own in a corner of my apartment. But the project has been taking long time. Now, it's functional but long way from finished.

Here's a few pictures.

I decided to build the sofa from scratch. As I'm not a carpenter, this was a new experience and really entertaining.

The fabric for the couch ready.

I bought some small shelves and painted polynesian patterns on those. Works pretty well for mugs.

By night...

From another view.

It's hard to find statues in Sweden so I decided to build this myself with help from friends, made in papier maché. But when we got finished, there weren't any spot left to place it.

So, unfortunately I got to place my little fellow in the cellar. Haha...

Very nice work, you have all the prerequisites of a proper Tiki Lounge
I can only imagine the difficulty of procuring them in Sweden.

Hey “On the Beach”.
I like what you have done!
I have made and continue to make paper mache tiki stuff. Some as small as 4-5”,
If that Moai is too big for your space why not hack off his head and then split his face from the back of his head? It would be a very nice mask/wall hanging. Better yet make a whole new mask and leave the big guy in one piece til you eventually find a place for it.
Good luck!

Very nice job of Tikifying up a small space and great idea to build your own bench. Best of luck to you in search for decor.

Hej do

Awesome
Looks good
Have fun
Cheers

Jon

I think that Sweden might be an even more difficult place to find things tiki than New Jersey, USA! I applaud your efforts! I should try something tiki with paper mache. Very clever! I'm also very impressed that you built a couch.

Love what you've done with such a small space. Great job!

Briiliant job. Great idea to make your own sofa.

M

Looking Good!!

K

Fantastic place! A bit of the islands in Sweden!

G

Cool thing to do, especially if you have a long winter. Grab a cocktail and you are on a tiki island already.

Pages: 1 10 replies