Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

What's Your Favorite 60's Beach Blanket Flick?

Pages: 1 27 replies

M

I have always enjoyed watching the old Frankie and Annette films (Cheezy as they may be). Life was such a gas... or jus smelled like it.

My favorite character has always been Eric Von Zipper (He rocked).

Anyways, If you also dug those films check out this sight
Vavoom... :drink: http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/annette.html

[ Edited by: MTKahuna on 2003-07-17 17:07 ]

[ Edited by: MTKahuna on 2003-07-17 18:08 ]

A

"Ghost in the Invisible Bikini"

M

What was the one with the girl in the leopard bikini...

That's my favorite

"Pajama Party" with 'cameos' by Teri Garr and Tony Basil.

My fav character's are Eric von Zipper's two female "Rats" sidekicks in "Beach Blanket Bungo"

How To Stuff A Wild Bikini!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-07-18 01:00 ]

K
Klas posted on Fri, Jul 18, 2003 6:06 AM

I think my favourite is Bikini Beach

What I really enjoy in the films, besides the cool california mid 60's backdrop, is the music score with acts like Dick Dale, The Pyramids and The Hondells. Also girl singer appearances like Leslie Gore and Donna Loren are way cool.

Below is a link to a site that handles the music of the beach party movies:

http://www.beachpartymoviemusic.com/default.asp

Beach Blanket Bingo...it has a mermaid!

"Lau-ra-li"

wiggle yah-yah-yah yah wiggle yah YAH! wiggle

(my favorite character is the inevitable Swedish foreign exchange student who is totally babalicious and only says 'yah!').

"Horror of Party Beach","Ghost In The Invisible Bikini" . Favorite ski bum flick "Get Yourself A College Girl".

M

On 2003-07-18 22:36, Basement Kahuna wrote:
"Horror of Party Beach","Ghost In The Invisible Bikini" . Favorite ski bum flick "Get Yourself A College Girl".

Hey BK,
Was Horror at Party Beach a slasher film?

Does anyone remember this old 60's B flict about these sea creatures that crashed this slumber party? The honies were all dressed in little nighties and thought that it was their boyfriends playing a joke....
but instead, it was these knarly scaley dudes.

TC makes me remember so many happy childhood memories.... Good times!

S

Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine - without question.

I Remember Pajama Party!
These pics should bring back some of puberty protrusions.

![](http://www.audioautographs.com/tiki/susan hart - pajama party.jpg)

A Tiki Cheers To You!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-07-23 00:16 ]

I'd have to go with Muscle Beach Party ... it just goes to show that not just the women's swimsuits were stuffed in those movies.

T

Kahuna, I saw that movie with the sea cratures eating the girls... it was called something like 'GONGA' or 'BONGA' maybe I am confusing it with something else?
Anyway, I saw it. Very funny.

On 2003-07-24 06:54, tikifish wrote:
Kahuna, I saw that movie with the sea cratures eating the girls... it was called something like 'GONGA' or 'BONGA' maybe I am confusing it with something else?
Anyway, I saw it. Very funny.

That film was awesome. I'll check it out.
There was another film with these aliens that looked like brussel sprouts... and I vaugely remember these teenagers running over one of them in a their car. Then the creature attaches itself and grows inside the exaust pipe...
creepy stuff....

Ahhh 60's horror films

Speaking of "Horror of Party Beach" I'm showing an uncut (meaning it has the complete slumber party massacre scene) 16mm print at Copia in Napa as part of my "Thrillville Halloween Beach Party" road show on Monday, October 27. see http://www.thrillville.net for details (schedule page)

Also, someone approached me at the Parkway last night and gave me a CD of an original music score they wrote and recorded for a musical theater version of "Horror of Party Beach" approved by Del Tenney! Of course, they can't find a venue willing to produce and promote it. The Parkway doesn't have a cabaret license (hasn't stopped me much before, though) but I'll see what I can swing. Meantime, anyone out there know of any offbeat, creative theater houses looking for cool, unusual stuff, let me know.

Also wanted to give a big shout out here to our late friend Deborah Walley, a true beach bunny icon. She was in my favorite (Nex to "Horror of Party Beach"),"Beach Blanket Bingo."

M

Moster Bikini Party Rocks!!!!

Bump-chicka-bump!

My friend's 7 year old daughter just caught wind of these movies, her dad told her to ask her "Auntie Teri" about them. I just wrote a long winded blog about my youth and Beach Party movies

http://stufforama.blogspot.com/2007/06/beach-party-movies-oh-yeah.html

I discovered the boxed set collection is coming out July 10th! Joy!

My friend's daughter loves what little clips I've found on you tube. I can't wait to watch the whole films with her!

I am a big fan of "How To Stuff A Wild Bikini"...lot of interesting stuff in that film! Not a great movie, technically, but a lot of fun. Animated title sequence by Art Clokey! Music by Les Baxter! Annette! Irene Tsu! Buster Keaton! and more...

I would have to watch them all over again to determine my favorite.....but all in all...they were so fun and the surf music was sooooooo awesome. It is neat to hear how young kids are getting in to these. :)

i like the beach party movie spoof, "psycho beach party"....plus another great soundtrack with the los starightjackets....

Fast forward to the Eighties. The movie "Back to the Beach" with the return of Frankie and Annette.
Dick Dale and Stevie Ray Vaughan doing 'Pipeline"! Appearances by Gilligan and the Skipper! Wally and the Beaver! O.J. Simpson? Was that? Naw, it couldn't be.

There's a local TV station here in LA/Orange county called KDOC on the UHF band that shows a bunch of Frankie and Annette movies. This Sunday at 8pm they are showing Ski Party. They also show a bunch of classic horror films on Saturday nights too. Right now they are showing all the Mummy movies.

On Weeknights, they have a line up of classic 60s sitcoms: Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Partridge Family, etc.

I love them all, but have a special fondness for Bikini Beach. I love those old drag racing scenes and Don Rickles as "Big Drag".

A8

I love Psycho Beach Party also. Have a poster that I want to frame for my eventual Tiki room

A8

Ride The Wild Surf

..i also like "girl happy" with elvis presley..... I like that it starts in chicago and ends in ft. lauderdale (vintage film footage of both places provided)...also, love the set of the googie hotel they stay at....great music and a knock down bar room brawl in a tiki themed strip club.....ya can't beat it. It's a great movie to watch in the spring after a long cold winter....preps ya for summer.

[ Edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2009-08-17 05:10 ]

Yah Tipsy, just saw "Girl Happy" yesterday and "Clambake" right after. Why wasn't the girl's hair flying back when she was skiing? Let's see a modern remake of "Clambake" please. This time she should really be skiing.

Pages: 1 27 replies