Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Mint 1949 Tiki Room (and house) for sale

Pages: 1 19 replies

Aloha Everyone,
One of your members came through our house today and suggested that I post on your board about our house and Tiki Room.

We have an immaculate English style home with all original fixtures and finishes that we are selling, and it has a mint 1949 Tiki Room. It is pretty amazing. If you would like to see pictures just follow this link:
http://www.seetoby.com listing #2334.

Best regards,
Gem

Welcome to the board!

Here's the correct link for your listing:

http://www.seetobuy.com listing #2334

:tiki:

E

Um...a picture or two of the "Tiki Room" would be nice...

em

em~
Click on the Photos button above the pic of the house. Tiki room pics are there.

Thank you for the correction. It is http://www.seetobuy.com (much easier to find it that way).

And there are pictures of the tiki room- just click on the button that says photos.

It is very cool. There is bamboo from the stair treads to the ceiling as you go down the stairs. The bar itself is very hip with bamboo and sparkle laminate. There is a stainless steel wet bar, and fireplace.

Thank you again for the correction and sorry about the confusion.

Gem

I'd buy it for the cool bathroom paper! (...if I had the money, and would wanna move to Portland..{which really IS a great town, and still has two Tiki bars worth their money {Maxton's making it three}]).

Cool basic tiki room; well preserved.

Can you move it to California?

K
Kim posted on Mon, Jul 21, 2003 10:54 AM

Man, if Tikitronic & I had $300,000, we'd buy it!

Sure you don't want to slash the price in half for the Tiki Central folks in Portland who don't already have a house & bar?

E

Er, duh, sorry about that. Sometimes I miss the most obvious things, like a button that says "photos". That is a very sweet room, love the bamboo on the stairwell too!

emspace

Welcome Sparkle Gem. It is a great time of year to be in Portland. And how cool is it to have a basement retreat when the mercury hits 90 plus. Hey Portland (and Waldport) Tiki people, we need to start planning a little something for August 9 (International Tiki Day.)

Mr. Tiki Bar- please keep me in the loop about International Tiki Day!

R

Sven, you're so right about that wallpaper. What's better, the woman showering in her own "sin" or the bathtup alien visitation? Man, how are my parents so uptight having grown up in the 50's? :)

The worst thing about living in Texas is not having a basement. Somehow, a tiki lounge in a storm shelter just isn't quite the same, and my wife isn't too keen on the idea of me having a bar in the corner of the living room!

Gotta love that bamboo railing. That was an owner that went all out.

That bathroom wallpaper is the living end.
That kind of stuff used to be around but I haven't seen anything like it in decades. It also is reminicent of some old cartoon. Fractured Fairy Tales? Disney, I recall, used characters in this style with an animated short about the invention of musical instruments.
Hey sparklegem, check out the search feature
on this forum for International Tiki Day. Watch the events forum for potential wing ding.

[ Edited by: mrtikibar on 2003-07-21 14:24 ]

G
GECKO posted on Mon, Jul 21, 2003 3:05 PM

ouch....and everyone coplains about how expensive it is here on Oahu!!! at least your in paradise! I'm sure Oregon is nice....$309,000....uh NO! there was a house ova here on top da hill fo $425,000 and you got a hell of a view and some. Plus da house was mo bigga.

San Diego is almost caught up with us here on da islands with there prices!

It depends. A friend in Portland sold a building here and reinvested the proceeds, buying a unique lot on Poipu Beach next to the park for about $1 million. This was about 4 years ago. He recently has had offers approaching $4 million on this property.

T

In the bay area $300K buys you a cardboard shack! For $200K you can get a shoebox, and for $100K a matchbox.

G
GECKO posted on Mon, Jul 21, 2003 5:11 PM

dam, sounds like Frisco is way up top to! dat sounds about right out here to. 200,000 and you'll get a small grass hut without da grass....another 25000. fo da dam grass!! dam, i need fo carve mo Tikis!

mrtikibar, ho, sounds like your friends lot is going up 1 million a year!! tell'um fo wait 6 mo years fo a nice 10 mill! or sell now and open da ultimate tiki bar!!! wich eva way, he's set already!

shoots

Sparkle Gem -

First off, Welcome and thank you for offering the pics. I don't mean to be the bearer of bad thoughts but you may want to pass this website to the next owner in case they decide that they LOVE the house but HATE the Tiki Bar. I'm sure several of us on the board will attempt to salvage some of the original tiki stuff, if possible. Just a suggestion.

T.B.

Just wanted to pop in to say hi and to thank everyone for taking a peek at our house. It is nice to hear from people who appreciate it as much we do. I have been wandering around in our unusually clean house and thinking that maybe we should stay- but we already have money down on the next one (and that is another storey).
Mahalo!
Gem

Pages: 1 19 replies