Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Brother Cleve's Tiki Empire - Monday 2/17/14 Boston

Pages: 1 7 replies

B

Monday February 17, 8pm - 2am at Empire Asian Restaurant & Lounge, 55 Northern Ave Boston. Brother Cleve (x- Combustible Edison, exotica DJ, bartender and Producer of Waitiki and Mr. Ho's Orchestrotica) hosts an exotic Cocktail Party in Boston's Seaport District.
I'll be behind the bar mixing up my cocktail menu for the evening, which includes 5 of my original libations, 2 remixed classics, and 1 drink from NYC tiki bar god Brian Miller. Read about it and check out the video here - http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/food_dining/dining_news/2014/02/boston_hot_spots_carry_the_tiki_torch_for_swanky_fun

Sorry! Can't do Monday night. Any weekend nights in the works?

B

No, sorry. Boston tiki parties have been limited to Sun-Wed nights in order to fill bars on off nights. Current ones are Sunday nights at Drink and Tuesday nights at Citizens Public House.

T

Is this a one-shot, Cleve? Or the start of a regular party?

Jack

B

After last nights affair - in which we sold out of some of the drinks within 90 minutes, in a room so packed you could barely move (in a place that holds 600 people) - it appears that more events will be in the works, with the next party in about 6 weeks. I'll post when the details are set

FM

Is this the same Brother Cleve that helped bring Equivel's masterpiece "See it in Sound" to the world? As written about in the December 1999 issue of Tower Record's Pulse Magazine? I bow before you!

On 2014-03-18 20:41, Fez Moai wrote:
Is this the same Brother Cleve that helped bring Equivel's masterpiece "See it in Sound" to the world?

It's "Esquivel"

FM

Pages: 1 7 replies