Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Atomic Isles Backyard lounge Updated 02-23-16

Pages: 1 19 replies

so Ive started to tikize my backyard. I am going for a tropical, shipwreck, nautical, jungle cruise, theme.
Ya i am all over the place. Hoping to add more plants and crazy cool stuff before spring. Also looking to have a little bit of us navy stuff thrown in as i served for 4 years and the name is inspired by bikini atoll.
still in beginning stages but this was all weeds and a mess when i started. Looking for suggestions/ comments especially on plants/ideas its mostly shady thinking about some ferns but would like something tall and leafy.

[ Edited by: NASH GRADY 2014-02-28 12:50 ]

[ Edited by: NASH GRADY 2014-02-28 14:01 ]

[ Edited by: NASH GRADY 2016-02-23 13:23 ]

PP

Hey Nash,
welcome and ALOHA!!! where abouts are ya?
my yard was a lot like what your planning, heres a link to some of my pix from over the years, plus, if your anywhere in so cal Ive got lots of extra stuff as well as some good hunting locations for all your Jungle Cruise ship wreck tiki needs!!!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=45475&forum=20&74

all my best,
paul

Pele paul,

Thanks for the reply yes ive seen your pictures. Its rad you have quite a few boxes. Still deciding if i want to buy boxes/ crates or build my own. Ya I am always open to hear about good places to hunt. Im in Huntington beach, ca.

PP

awesome!!! yea Ive built a couple, which is always good then you can customize the size! I always enjoy finding vintage boxes and crates, for you, the Golden West swap meet is an awesome place to find vintage boxes and crates, as well as other swap meets too! Ive got a few good leads as well as quite a few examples of vintage crates and trunks you could build from some pix I have :)

and if you want some cool Vintage US Navy stuff from WWII and the Pacific my good buddy down their in HB at Vintage Productions has some killer stuff too

M

i'm going for the same thing and will be starting a build thread soon.
i'm even more all over the place as the little woman wants a shag inspired lounge as well.
i look forward to seeing your progress.

Welcome to TC, and looks like you have already hooked up with folks doing the same decor style as you. I thank you for your service to our country and like your displays so far. Don't forget to shop at the International Tiki Marketplace for Tiki goodies. Looking forward to more pictures in the future.

NG

hey muskrat,

Nice to meet you and thanks for checking the thread out ill keep an eye out for your thread. I look forward to seeing your progress as well.

NG

vampiressRN,

Yes for sure I usually try to check out the tiki marketplace at Dons. Me and the wife will for sure be at the March 8th one.

NG

Pele Paul,

you hit it right on with golden west swap meet i live right by it and i try to walk over at least twice a month. Good stuff is few and far between as far as mugs but they do have pretty good boxes. I think i might build my first one since i want something that is open on the face that can be used as shelving and then the top as a table.

PP

cool!! yea I love the Golden west swap meet! I try and get down there when I can too!

T

Love the MASH shower!

I remember seeing a thread on here with photos of WWII vets in tiki locales. Might be fun to incorporate them into your design somehow.

Well here is an up date of the yard for this summer.

[ Edited by: NASH GRADY 2014-06-10 13:04 ]

PP

bout time!!! lol!!!!! plants and such are looking good!!!!! keep up the good work, you need some 2 1/2 foot cement moari heads!!!!

ya ill hit you up when im ready to get some. Probably next month.

When those plants take off and fill in...it's gonna be like a jungle...keep up the great work, love the torches.

Well here is a update to the backyard. What do you all think?

Wow, the plants in that corner filled in really nicely! Looking nice and lush.
We desperately need to do that with our yard; thanks for the inspiration.

@bamalamalu

Thanks, ya the plants really took off. Im actually debating clearing out some to make room for a lava rock koi pond. But im still in the research phase.

H

It looks beautiful, I love tropical gardens, great job.

NG

@hiltiki

Thanks!!!

Pages: 1 19 replies