Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Smuggler's Cove: The Book

Pages: 1 2 62 replies

On 2016-06-24 07:30, JenTiki wrote:
Is this starting to happen to anybody else's book?

Yep, and I bet your fridge looks like mine too :wink::

That's awesome

J

I've only gone so far as to make the Demerara and Honey syrups so far, but I'm sure more will come.

Looks like the book is already out of print!

Thankfully I already bought one for myself and two extras as gifts for friends. The other night I convinced another friend to pick it up and he went on Amazon to order and saw that it was sold out! Wow, that didn't take long. Anyone know how many were printed and if a second run is slated to come out soon? For how much acclaim it's receiving I can't imagine the publisher wouldn't make it available again right away.

H

I bought mine from Barnes and Noble on line at a discounted price.

On 2016-07-28 09:54, hiltiki wrote:
I bought mine from Barnes and Noble on line at a discounted price.

Good to know. Just checked and it's $17.85 from B&N. I guess just Amazon is out.

J

I just checked with Martin on the Amazon status. It was the first he'd heard about them being sold out. He's checking into it. I'll update this post if/when I hear back from him, but I've let him know inquiring minds are asking, so he may post here himself.

J

Back in stock on Amazon under $20 for over 300 pages! Get it now!

F

I am a bit old fashioned and even though it was a steal online I went to a locally owned bookseller and paid full price... Not too sure what took me so long. Great book... read it all in one sitting, and goin back in for a second and closer read, this time with stickys.

M

Sadly, I never get to good ol' TC as often as I'd like to anymore. That Facebook monster keeps eating all my time...well, that and the five bars. :)

So my sincere apologies for the delayed reply here, but I am very deeply touched and grateful for all the kind words in this thread. Rebecca and I really put our hearts into this project, and all of your posts mean the world to us. We've been seeing pictures from around the country of our syrups, and people using the rum numbering system on their bottles at home, and all the post-it notes and stickies on people's well-thumbed copies at book signings.

It's been a pleasure to meet so many people this summer on our book tour, and to see so many new tiki bars that we hadn't had the chance to visit. Hopefully we're coming to a city near you soon- check the "Smuggler's Cove Book Tour" thread in Other Events. I wish we could get to more cities but not this round- hopefully next year with a 2nd printing (fingers crossed!)

MAHALO EVERYONE!!

H
Hamo posted on Mon, Sep 12, 2016 8:40 PM

Just ordered the book and should have it in my hands this time next week. I'm excited, since people can't say enough good things about the book, and I wasn't able to make it to Smuggler's Cove during my trip to San Francisco last March.

H
Hamo posted on Tue, Sep 20, 2016 9:09 PM

It came today. I haven't read one word yet, but I'm in love just based on the whole design of the book:

I showed it off to quite a few friends and non-tiki coworkers, all of whom were impressed, too. Now I can't wait to actually read it....

[ Edited by: Hamo 2016-09-20 21:10 ]

Anyone try to make the Rum Barrel yet?

Mine seems to be missing something...

Nicely played, Mr. Cate. Nicely played indeed.

:drink:

J

On 2016-09-21 06:17, leisure master wrote:
Anyone try to make the Rum Barrel yet?

:drink:

Many have tried, many have failed. The world may never know the mysteries of the Rum Barrel.

L

Fantastic book! I absolutely love the categorization system. What's your favorite cocktail from the book?

Pages: 1 2 62 replies