Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tikiyaki Orchestra Returns ! June 7th - tix on sale, Wed, April 9th 6:00 pm

Pages: 1 2 58 replies

T

TIKI TRADITION :
Tomorrow nite, each ticketholder will be given a raffle ticket with your wristbands, as we'll be giving away some cool swag. The Big ticket item is provided by our sponsor, DeadheadRum. It will be an original Deadead Rum Cocktail bowl, The Hypnotic Hibiscus Punch, served up to your table with a Mystery Girl style hypnotic dance, by MeduSirena Marina....
This is a time honored Tiki Temple tradition started by The Mai Kai many years ago, and was also done at places like the Kahiki back in the day.
So, MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR RAFFLE TICKET.
SEE YOU ALL TOMORROW NIGHT!

Aloha,

Due to some last-minute evening/overnight work responsibilities for me, Val and I are unable to attend the show tonight. And I really don't want seats 7 and 8 at table 101 to sit vacant when there should be 2 Tikiyaki Orchestra fans in those seats. If you still need tickets or want an upgrade, please PM me before 2PM today.

Jim and the Orchestra - we're sorry we can't attend tonight. Hope you guys have a great show.

kevin

Tickets are spoken for.

Have fun tonight everyone...and aloha, baby.

kevin

We have to join kevin in not being able to attend, have a great show!
we did get to visit Marina for a moment last night & she was even then, getting ready to put on a great show for you folks.

Congrats to Tikiyaki for another over the top show.
and Welcome back to the new members of the Orchestra.
amazing night all around.

Jeff btd

Great show! Well worth the over 1 hour drive (but who am I to complain when someone else came all the way from Massachusetts!). The transition to the new band members appears seamless. Looking forward to more shows and a new CD!

What a great time. Glad to see T.O. back and in great form. Congrats to all, including the new members.

-Doctor Bombay-

[ Edited by: Doctor Bombay 2014-06-08 10:11 ]

G
gitiki posted on Sun, Jun 8, 2014 4:28 PM

Aloha everyone,
This is my first post here. I have lurked of a long time, but after winning (and drinking!) the special raffle drink last night, I thought I better join up.
The TO was great last night; it was wonderful to see them after such a long absence. Slightly different sound, what with the new members, but their materiel is so strong that it really didn't matter. Winning the raffle was icing on the cake! What a blast.
My wife and I really enjoyed chatting with the many nice folks that came by our table to admire (and sample) the drink.
The presentation vessel will have an honoured place in my modest tiki bar (currently under construction).
Here it is in it's new home in case you didn't see it.

L

On 2014-06-08 16:28, gitiki wrote:
Aloha everyone,
This is my first post here. I have lurked of a long time, but after winning (and drinking!) the special raffle drink last night, I thought I better join up.

On its way to the lucky victor (and she did have a ways to carry that)!

T

(reposted from Facebook)

THANK YOU !

TIKIYAKI OHANA !
Just wanted to thank everyone who made it out to our show on Saturday. It was so nice to be back with the Orchestra at Don's.
To the folks that have been there with us for a while, we all really appreciate the support and friendship over the past 6 years. For the new folks who've never seen us before, and this was your first time, we hope you liked show, and welcome to the Ohana.

Marina - Thank you again for being part of our show.... your professionalism, energy, enthusiasm and willingness to do dangerous and crazy stunts and injure yourself for the sake of art and entertainment really take the show to a whole other level.

Our Announcer, Ken Caldretti - Killer job ! Thank you for all the preparation, making the show move along and bringing a nice professional edge to the whole thing. Nice suit, too....Next time, Pizza's on me, Paisan !

Kim Brandi and Deadhead Rum - Thank you for sponsoring the event, and providing us with a killer cocktail bowl prize !

RIchard Kay and his Aloha Guitar....thanx for a great set of slack key guitar...the perfect mood setter.

BAND AND CREW :
To our new Orchestra members - Bravo ! Nelson Bragg - your energy and stage presence was noted by all. The Bongo beatdowns were awesome, and it's so much fun doing those again , it's been too long.
The Professor, Brian Atkinson....not on facebook, but, your skills are top notch. We're lucky to have you.
Pablo Baza - Killer performance ! The enthusiasm is felt throughout !
Jonpaul and Brian Kassan, the originals ! Thanx for always being there and kicking ass. Simply put, you guys rule !

Dibroc, Jeff (Big Tiki Dude) Hanson, Julie, my beautifu wife CoCo and daughter Angela Liu. Thank you for making the show run smoothly, and taking care of all the stuff behind the scenes. Without you guys, the show wouldn't happen.

Don the Beachcomber - Thank you for having us back. You know we love playing there. It's the perfect room for Tikiyaki !
Mahalo, and Aloha until net time !

Jim

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2014-06-09 11:26 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2014-06-09 11:30 ]

Jim,
Thank you for being you, and for continuing to do Tikiyaki and sharing your great music with us, the lucky tiki crowd.

Jeff(btd)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2014-06-09 20:27 ]

Pages: 1 2 58 replies