Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Mary Blair Exhibit at the Walt Disney Family Museum San Francisco 3/13/14-9/7/14

Pages: 1 5 replies

http://www.waltdisney.org/blair
The Walt Disney Family Museum is pleased to present MAGIC, COLOR, FLAIR: the world of Mary Blair. On view from March 13 to September 7, 2014, this comprehensive exhibition explores the artistic process and development of one of Walt Disney’s most original, beloved, and influential designer and art directors, Mary Blair (1911–1978). Blair’s joyful creativity, her eye-appealing designs and exuberant color palette endure in numerous media, including classic Disney animated films, such as Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, and Peter Pan, and theme park attractions at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, most notably “it’s a small world.”

Thanks for posting this! I can't wait to check this exhibit out.

I love that museum

T

Wow! This looks fantastic! Mary Blair is one of my heroes! Love her work!

Hope we can make it up there before the show closes... too bad it's not running until the Forbidden Island parking lot sale.

Thanks for posting!

I'm going to try and make it when I'm in San Francisco the second week of April.

TM

great artist!

Hey Tobunga/Eric--if you come up in June for the Tiki Oasis (not yet announced but it will be happening like it did last year) pre-party event its being held at the museum and you can view the exhibit then.

HINT, HINT COME UP!

Pages: 1 5 replies