Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

How to make a Blue Hawaii video

Pages: 1 4 replies

T

Hey all,

I thought you might like this video of Val from the now defunct PKNY making a Blue Hawaii:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWpklfD60Ng

Thanks!

K

I enjoy these videos - I'm not learning anything new necessarily, but I like them. Its always interesting to see somebody else's take and the small variations in these classic drinks.

T

Thanks for watching Kkocka, I enjoy making them...

I'm appalled! Not only did this guy not squeeze a fresh lemon plucked off the tree by a virgin wahine, but he said you can use "any" curaçao! Everyone knows that a Blue Hawaiian requires the most expensive and unobtainable Blue Curaçao! Preferably the same one that Harry K. Yee used when he invented the drink in 1957—it's out of production, but if you check eBay you can find empty bottles of it on which you can perform a gas spectrometry reading to determine the original ingredients so you can make it yourself. Of course the flavor of a Blue Hawaiian is affected by the atmosphere in which it is consumed. Back then, most bars were filled with cigarette smoke, and my sources indicate that in Hawaii the most popular brand was Lucky Strike, so you'll need to get a pack of vintage Lucky Strikes (the newer ones use tobacco grown in Kentucky, but the vintage tobacco originated in Virginia) and burn them so the smoke enters your nostrils as you drink. Only if you follow these steps are you enjoying a real Blue Hawaiian the way it was intended to be.

And you call yourself a tikiphile...for shame!

Well TikiTacky, welcome to the smart ass side of TC
make yourself at home but remember that I live here,
so be sure to pick up after yourself :lol: :lol: & a :drink:

Pages: 1 4 replies