Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

NoBikini Atoll

Pages: 1 4 replies

C

We're getting ready to move so I figured I should document my little tiki bar in the living room, NoBikini Atoll. I know the ceiling and some of the shelves are white, I just never got around to painting them. Hopefully in the new place, I will have the space to do everything I wanted to do here.

The bar itself was made out of a shipping crate:

I put this coco joe's(?) guy on the front of the bar:

Covered the top with some weird Flintstones-esque linoleum:

Put a bunch of cocktail umbrellas in a styrofoam ball, it looks really neat when it is backlit with colored light:

And made some swizzle stick sputnik hangers. I stole the idea from my great grandmother's dining room:

I made this shelf a while back:

And a buddy made this one for me for my birthday a few years ago:

and a few of the other touches:

See you in Las Vegas with Nobikini Atoll 2.0

T

Awesome!

Cool little Tiki corner :D. I like what you did with those swizzles and Styrofoam balls. Look like sputniks :)

Looks like you have a very nice collections and some wonderful shelves. I too like your Swizzle decor. Have fun decorating your new digs.

C

Sheesh! Eight years since the last update?!?!? Well, we moved to Vegas in 2014 then to Reno in 2017. A lot has happened and changed since 2014. I can't find any photos of our tiki space in Vegas. Here is our spot in Reno. It started as a 12x12 room in our basement, white ceiling, white walls.

This is actually the second version of the bar. I got a bug up may ass to redo it last year.

WALL1

Here's a panorama of the room. I'll try to get some better shots this weekend and add some of our lanai as well.

16 (2)

Pages: 1 4 replies