Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Kon Portland July 12-14: on sale now!

Pages: 1 35 replies

RB

Passes & packages now on sale

http://www.tikikon.com/

:drink:

Cool sneak preview sculpt!

That's spectacular. Van Tiki and Munktiki are a perfect combination.
We have our tickets and are looking forward to holding this mug. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-04-15 10:19 ]

V

On 2014-04-14 07:20, danlovestikis wrote:
That's spectacular. Van Tiki and Munktiki are a perfect combination.
We have our tickets and are looking forward to holding this mug. Wendy

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-04-15 10:19 ]

Mahalo Wendy! Looking forward to seeing you folks!
If you like the mug, you may also enjoy the pendant accessory I just finished sculpting. Limited edition that will be sold at the event only :)

http://vantiki.tumblr.com/post/82758316326/tiki-kon-event-limited-edition-pendant-o-3-5

Can't wait till July!
Henrik "VanTiki"

Awesome! Can't wait to meet you in person

My wife just surprised me with tickets to Tiki Kon. This will be my first tiki event, saying that I am excited would be a gross understatement. :)

That's great, Mockingbird! We'll be honored to "host" your first tiki event :)

Awesome! :) I can't wait to meet everyone. VanTiki, you did the poster for the event as well correct? I love the Bjorn Aronson homage. Nice work.

A
Axle posted on Wed, Apr 30, 2014 3:49 PM

Attended last year and had the time of my life. You guys here in California need to give this event a try! Takes place at the Red Lion Inn along the ultra scenic Columbia River (Portland/Vancouver). The bar inside is decorated like an old pirate ship, the people are cool, the vendors sell fun stuff, great drinks, and very laid back. Looking forward to this!

RB

FYI...VIP packages & home bar tour tix going fast...don't snooze and lose (like I almost did)

I was looking to update the thetikipedia.com entry on this. Does anyone know who should be listed as organizers?

RB

Sending you a PM

V

Getting SO excited about Tiki Kon!

Wanted to post a quick heads up that the official Tiki Kon goodies are available for pre-purchase this friday!
http://www.tikikon.com/shop

I had a blast designing and sculpting these, and can't wait to get the mug in my hand!

Mahalo,
Henrik "VanTiki"

I bet Van Tiki. We too want to get our hands on ours. See you soon, Wendy and Dan

T

I'm looking forward to my first Tiki Kon! Also looking forward to picking up my mug. Got one of the super limiteds. It was just too pretty to pass up!

V

On 2014-04-29 13:41, Mockingbird wrote:
VanTiki, you did the poster for the event as well correct? I love the Bjorn Aronson homage. Nice work.

Mahalo! If you are referring to the Tiki Magazine add and website art, yes - and it was indeed influenced heavily by the Undersea Voyage Attraction Poster by Bjorn Aronson. I did a bunch of additional illustration for the show, including the official "Tiki Kon Tapa" pattern (used on the glassware and t-shirts):

which you can get on fabric to make shirts with here:
http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/3204528

As well a second undersea illustration for the band poster (not sure if these ever made it to the printer - I have plans for the art as prints later down the road). This one used the stone tiki I did for the event mugs and the event pendants

Lastly I pressed an edition of 40 "sea foam" Tiki Kon 2014 tiki pendants. They will be 25$ each at the event - but if you pre-order they are only 20$!
Pre order link:

http://www.tikikon.com/shop

See you at Tiki Kon!
Henrik "VanTiki"

Holy carp, you can also buy that pattern as wallpaper for your walls! That's awesome. You may find yourself starting a trend of folks going back to wallpaper with cool designs like that.

Now if I only knew how to glue that paper on the walls of my cube at work......

T

I'm looking forward to picking up my pendant and Mai Tai glass this weekend! I think this is my favorite Tiki Kon mug to-date!

V

On 2014-07-07 04:51, TWANGtiki wrote:
I'm looking forward to picking up my pendant and Mai Tai glass this weekend! I think this is my favorite Tiki Kon mug to-date!

Mahalo! I can't wait to pick up mine as well! I'm packing up all the curiosities I'll be vending at the event today. I'll have a fine assortment of tiki tiles and pendants (including the new Squared Idol tiles and the new Lashed Stone pendants). I also will be debuting the new (and much lighter) slipcast Mega Moai pendant. I'll have 2 at the event -- one with braided nylon cording, and one extra fancy version strung up with glorious tiger coral:

Both have their own wall hanger/display unit - so you don't have to hide the pendants away in a drawer when you are not wearing them!

See you all this weekend! I'm counting the hours till I get to have a 1944 Mai Tai at the Portland Trader Vic's Thursday night! :)

Aloha!
Henrik "VanTiki"

T

I love your stuff, VanTiki. You're a tiki wizard!

And whomever coded that parallax on the tikikon website did a great job, too!

EJ

On 2014-07-07 18:51, VanTiki wrote:

On 2014-07-07 04:51, TWANGtiki wrote:

Mahalo! I can't wait to pick up mine as well! I'm packing up all the curiosities I'll be vending at the event today. I'll have a fine assortment of tiki tiles and pendants (including the new Squared Idol tiles and the new Lashed Stone pendants). I also will be debuting the new (and much lighter) slipcast Mega Moai pendant. I'll have 2 at the event -- one with braided nylon cording, and one extra fancy version strung up with glorious tiger coral:

Both have their own wall hanger/display unit - so you don't have to hide the pendants away in a drawer when you are not wearing them!

See you all this weekend! I'm counting the hours till I get to have a 1944 Mai Tai at the Portland Trader Vic's Thursday night! :)

Aloha!
Henrik "VanTiki"

That is really nice. I like the display idea for when you're not wearing it. I won't be at Tiki Kon so will you be making more of these and selling them through your store?

C
cy posted on Tue, Jul 8, 2014 9:04 AM

Looking forward to this event, here is some new work for Tiki Kon!

C

see y'all there

Kudos to Dan & Wendy for representing for the Sac Ohana. Looks like some great art work will be available. Looking forward to pictures, have a blast. Gotta make this even some day!!!

Attending the Rock Lobster Pool Party at the Proposal Rock Inn table. It's going to be great pool weather.

reports, pics? please

Jeff(btd)

Finally recovering from the post kon fog. Tiki kon was my first big tiki event and it blew all my expectations out of the water!

The hotel and staff were a minor annoyance (our reservations got "lost" and we played a great game of musical hotel rooms!) But the decor was cool and the nautical themed bar was awesome!

The one iron tiki class I got to attend was eye opening and fun and left me with some great ideas for my home bar. Sadly I got called away and missed the rock lobster pool party but the stories I heard later sounded magical. The dinner buffet was really incredibly delicious as were ALL THE DRINKS!

And then the home bar tour...

My god that was just plain one of the best days I've ever had. Amazing little visions of paradise one after another.

All things said and done this was really one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. Thank you to everyone involved!

Jack

[ Edited by: Keaka-tiki 2014-07-16 18:53 ]

RB

Here's a link to my public Facebook photo album from Tiki Kon:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.896580160355327&type=1&l=af1b84a1db

Thanks for the link and the photos Rum Balls.

I put my Tiki Kon photos on my thread. Wendy

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=38423&forum=18&start=5295&5313

[ Edited by: danlovestikis 2014-07-18 22:09 ]

B

we are very interested in attending this year- we're both tiki caliente & oasis vets so can anyone describe tiki kon ???
thank you

T

On 2015-01-22 20:02, belinda wrote:
we are very interested in attending this year- we're both tiki caliente & oasis vets so can anyone describe tiki kon ???
thank you

Tikikon is an awesome little 3 day event in Vancouver (WA, not BC) attracting a fun group of tikiphiles from the Portland OR area, the Northwest US and Canada, as well as up and down the Pacific coast and beyond. There is nightly entertainment, as well as a full day of shopping, seminars and more poolside entertainment on Saturday. I can't really compare it to other events, because this is the only one I have ever been to, but there are plenty of Tikikon guests who attend the big events and the one thing they all say that really makes TikiKon stand out is the Mystery Bus Tour. "Not to be missed!"

[ Edited by: tikiboat 2015-03-16 15:22 ]

Aloha,

Who are the Symposium guests? I might be interested in doing my slideshow talk and playing the voice of Donn the Beachcomber...

V

I'm days away from hopping on Tiki Kon Air Flight 13 for Portland! Can't wait! I'm bringing some extra special goodies to the Island Marketplace on saturday. I'll be releasing the newest VanTiki mug at the event: The Spooky Stone Sippy Cups, as well as several Ultra Limited edition mugs. Hope to see you there!

Henrik "VanTiki"

A peek at some of the offerings:

D
Dagg posted on Wed, Jul 8, 2015 11:07 AM

On 2015-07-07 11:37, VanTiki wrote:
I'm days away from hopping on Tiki Kon Air Flight 13 for Portland! Can't wait! I'm bringing some extra special goodies to the Island Marketplace on saturday. I'll be releasing the newest VanTiki mug at the event: The Spooky Stone Sippy Cups, as well as several Ultra Limited edition mugs. Hope to see you there!

Henrik "VanTiki"

A peek at some of the offerings:

Looking forward to dropping by your booth!

still working on pulling inventory together should have some of everything. Fingers crossed the latest Mai Kai inspired Sophista-kites arrive tomorrow.
prints both unframed

and framed

party favors
tikes
lots of framed originals
RUGXOTICA pillow covers
and heres some of my booth decor

etsy.com/sophistatiki. Everything from my newest line- Castaway Cravats to prints of my Tiki Magazine Cover.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2015-07-08 19:06 ]

Pages: 1 35 replies