Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

1959 Hawaiian wedding album

Pages: 1 11 replies

PP

hey all, picked this up the other day, a 1959 wedding album showing a couple getting married in Hawaii, perfect for my new 1958 built home! really great 8 x 10 B&W pics of the ceremony and the couple as well as some really neat souvenirs

PP

my fav piece!

Obituary for Harry Nessell

"Nessell, Harry H., died April 8, 2012 in the Holy Cross Hospital, Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Harry was born in London, England, November 22, 1917, the youngest of four children. He immigrated to the USA, through Ellis Island, at an early age with his parents, two sisters and one brother. They settled in Duluth, MN, Harry graduated from the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, with a BA degree in Electrical Engineering. Shortly after graduation he joined the Bendix Radio Corporation where he sold radios to Rail Road Companies for use on the trains to communicate between the engineer in the locomotive and the personnel in the caboose. In his early years selling to the Rail Road people he always left peanuts on their desk to let them know he'd been there, he was known as, MR. Peanut. While calling on the Station Master in St. Paul, Minnesota he met the love of his life, Mae, who was the Station Master's assistant. He convinced her to marry him and they were married in Kauai, Hawaii in 1958. Bendix was bought out by Allied Signal and Harry started to sell aircraft avionics and radar. For Harry's last job at Allied Signal he was the Manager of International Government sales, a job that took him all over the world, Mae frequently accompanied him. Harry never quit learning; he studied all the newest technology which allowed him to stay current and to be a very successful Salesman. His niece, Jeanne looked up to him and successfully followed this lead. Harry retired after 53.5 years with the company! A large party was conducted in his honor, one that even included the President of Allied Signal, many fellow employees, and his and Mae's whole families. He was best known for his customer service, "The Customer Always Comes First!". He was also known all his life for his ever present bow ties, he even tied them himself, no clip on bow ties for Harry! Harry leaves his wife of 54 years, Mae Nessell. Their niece, Jeanne Baker of Myrtle Beach, SC; their nephew, Eric Apperman and his son of Mountainside, NJ; Harry's brother-in-law Wallace Parmenter and his wife Judy, of Waldport, OR; and his Niece, Henrietta Music and her four children of Beverly Hills, CA. Harry also left behind many dear friends, all over the world. We will all miss him greatly! A celebtration of Harry's life, April 22, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Marriot North, Ft. Lauderdale."

PP

OMG that's soooooo awesome to know!!!! Im putting this stuff in a frame and putting it on the wall, a living tribute!!! thanks so much. by chance, did you know these people? The items did come from Fl. thanks again for the info
paul

Mahalo PP and MDM

UT

Great job guys! I have collected military groupings for years. These "groupings" are just that, a group of stuff belonging to one person. The fun for me is finding the history behind the items. To me it helps to tell a story and makes the collection that much more special. Thanks for sharing your find.

I don't deserve any of the credit, that is a great find Paul. It was a bit of an unusual name so I just did a quick Google and found that in about 30 seconds. Seems Mr Nessell was a bit of a character and Bendix/Allied Signal was proud to have him around. If you do a Google Image search there are several pics of him in later life. Most don't seem to fit this thread but here's one of Harry and his bride almost 50 years after the pictures above.

On 2014-04-05 06:00, MadDogMike wrote:
I don't deserve any of the credit, that is a great find Paul. It was a bit of an unusual name so I just did a quick Google and found that in about 30 seconds. Seems Mr Nessell was a bit of a character and Bendix/Allied Signal was proud to have him around. If you do a Google Image search there are several pics of him in later life. Most don't seem to fit this thread but here's one of Harry and his bride almost 50 years after the pictures above.

Mike, you put icing on PP’s most excellent cake!

PP

thanks all for the input and comments!!! Ive got about 10 photos of their wedding where the groom is planting a palm tree, the bride walking down a path, a local tossing a lei as well as them having dinner at the captains table! truly an awesome deal for 25.00!!

Wow...great job, that is a full circle. Nice art work on the pamphlets.

You gotta love a guy who gets married in Hawaii and comes home withe a girl watchers card…. Great stuff! Really like the Matson pamphlet.

You gotta love a guy who gets married in Hawaii and comes home withe a girl watchers card…. Great stuff! Really like the Matson pamphlet.

Pages: 1 11 replies