Pages: 1 2 82 replies

HH

im soo there!!!!!
bringing my tent cant wait !
camp out
camp out
camp out

T

I got a funny feeling this is gonna be one fine celebration!

M

Bax,

We will want to bring our Enchiladas up cold and cook em at your place. Can you reserve us some oven space for a 1/2 hour? My wife makes em reeeeel gooooood. Dare I offer shrimp or should we stick to chicken?

T

Monkeyman - plenty of room in the oven. Chicken or shimp or both, sounds great! Are you guys partaking in tent city? SD is a long way. See ya then.

Have no brakes
Cannot stop
Mahalo to you
Baxdog

[ Edited by: thebaxdog on 2003-08-07 08:11 ]

T

As far a food goes - the Bax's are providing Orange Chicken, Hawaiian BBQ chicken and Fried Rice. If everone brings what the said they would, we are pretty well covered in the food department. But if anyone wants to pick up some fruit salad, chinese chicken salad or cookies, that's probably it. Oh yea, who's bringing SPAM?

I am sorry this took so long (Casey) but the Question was asked.
It is International TIKI Day
We belong to TIKI Central
We talk TIKI
We think TIKI
We decorate TIKI
We dream TIKI
We drive far to party TIKI
So when you come to INTERNATIONAL TIKI DAY
PLEASE DRESS TIKI

Tent city is really starting to sound fun.
Can you put pineapple on a S'more?
So far we have 3 large tents and a couple of small tents.
There is still room in the tents and there is still room for more tents.
Plus 2 Queen size beds and lots of floor space
We are having two kinds of blue pancakes, and I think KuKuinut said bacon and sausage.
We have scheduled a 7AM swim meet for those with the worst hangover.
It's so fun to not drink!!
(just kidding about the swim meet)
I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have no brakes
Cannot stop
Mahalo to you
Baxdog

[ Edited by: thebaxdog on 2003-08-07 08:29 ]

M

We will bring Shrimp Enchiladas. After a little more thought I have decided that we will stay in Tent City.

I am bringing our own tent. Its about 10'x12'. Can you fit us?

Now my kids are psyched about Blue Pancakes for breakfast.

I will bring some fruit salad as well.

M

MR. SMILEY is in the house--or at least in some tent in the backyard!!!!!

T

Mr Smiley,

Glad you'll make it. I've been interested in meeting you for a while (you may or may not like Bong, but he seems pretty harmless).

M

Bong's AWAY!

T

Mr. Smiley, are you going to participate in HuellCon too?

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4995&forum=6&2

M

I begged and pleaded for a ride from Floratina and after thousands of email adn crank calls , she rescinded the Restraining order and is giving me a ride to and from Baxdogs--no Huellcon for me---bruce
Tina-you did REALLY rescind the restaing order, right? You aren't trying to entrap me are you?!?!?

I will help out with a can of SPAM (Atomic can have the pleasure of frying it up for us) and some cookies (perhaps of the coconut variety).

Atomic is making Haupia (traditional Hawaiian coconut pudding dessert).

P

Mexico is off. Tustin is on. See y'all Saturday!

K

Don't forget your swimsuits, towels, sleeping bags and jammies. Pool Party/Sleepover!!! FUN! This party sounds inTENTS! The neighbors have been officially warned.

I am officially very extremely excited about the celebration of our friend - tiki. So much so I hyperventilated this morning whilst mixing a Chief Lapu Lapu and hit my head on my bar top.

Anything I can do to provide the people with Mr. Smiley.

CAMPOUT!
CAMPOUT!
CAMPOUT!
etc.

Mr Bong...be careful.
Hope your head injury isnt too serious and it wont affect your band's performance. The show must go on!

I will definitely be there.

For the Tiki Sacrifice, please put your rare mugs on the floor near Baxdog's fireplace. I will attempt to ride on Baxdog's balance board and destroy them efficiently and safely while providing an entertaining show for all.

Sabu.

PS: I need some Baxdog poetry.

M

Does any one have Baxdog's phone #?
Email me at thanks, bruce

Oh Great Baxdog,
Rebecca and I (Dave) would be delighted to attend. I have not yet thought of a dish, but it will be appropriate to the auspicious nature of the occassion.
Dave (Purple Orchid)

F

TIKI DAY IS ALMOST HERE!!

T

Floratina, shouldn't you be working and NOT on the computer (you don't have a government job like me you know!).

F

bu...but...IT'S ALMOST TIKI DAY! I will toss and turn all night, brimming with anticipation.

I'm gettin pretty excited myself. I'm gonna try and get Lapu to go too,

Bax, should we bring our own mugs to drink out of?

Spike

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns on 2003-08-08 14:27 ]

F

You'd better drag that dang Lapu along with you. Where's that guy been, anyway? Come to think of it, where have YOU been? We have been Spikeless for some time, now.

T

Lapu, I only see him when the booze flows. Spike however has been working hard to provide the party with some good entertainment.

On 2003-08-08 14:04, Luckydesigns wrote:
I'm gettin pretty excited myself. I'm gonna try and get Lapu to go too,

Bax, should we bring our own mugs to drink out of?

Spike

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns on 2003-08-08 14:27 ]

Yeah, we've been having all these killer Hoity Toity parties, everyone here has a mug collection to die for and what do we drink out of? - its ridiculous - I'm bringing my mug with me tomorrow!

T

Bax,
Since Mrs. Pug and I have been lazy in deciding what to bring for the potluck, is there anything specific you need. I don't want to show up empty handed, so any suggestion would help.

Thanx,
TikiPug

Howdoochi!
I will show up with a sleu of miniature tiki mugs (i.e. shots) for all to take home. If anybody has some ideas for some great 1.5 oz. tiki drink recipes, concont 'em now!
Holden

L
laney posted on Sat, Aug 9, 2003 2:26 AM

Well, I just managed to get the night off work so, I (Laney), Cory, and my son Nick will be there. We will bring some non-alcoholic drinks (for Bax and other non-drinkers) and some stuff to shoot!

Hello all you Tiki'ers!

So....... I still haven't had the opportunaty to be officially "hazed" into your society, but I appreciate the welcome arms/e-mail Baxdog. After reading your profile on the Cherry Capri website, seems like drumming is a common theme of ours. We'll have drum up some Hawaiian dance/chanting grooves sometime at one of the events. Was hoping by the will Lono, Ku, Kanalua, or a Menehune, I would be able to attend tonight. But found no new fishponds dug for me......sniff.......

But seriously, I've got a gig/party tonight and won't be free at least until da policeman comes and breaks it up. So maybe I'll get a "get out of jail free card" if somebody were to call the police sooner than 10:30 and I'll be able to crash the party later. PS.......give my sis Vintagegirl a hard time for not wanting to host a Tiki party at our house (hee-hee). Dont tell her I said so. Anywho......If I don't see ya'll at this one, maybe the next.

M

Sorry, about the late entry but it looks like myself and Mrs. ModMana will be attending. Didn't know for sure until just now. We'll bring something of the dessert variety...and also something of the alchohol variety. :wink: Looking forward to meeting some new and old tiki friends...

ModMana :drink:

TE

The Edge (Z girl's brother) and his wife will be there, hope there's still room.
:D

DZ

I was takin' a look over the list of attendees and just realized that I didn't even rsvp!! I thought I'd done it right away, but... DOH! At any rate, The Good Doctor and Z-Girl will definitely be there; in fact we're leaving in about about 1/2 hour! We're planning on campin' out, too! (and yes, Johnnie V: we'll take care of getting you home...)

Oh, and I do still have some leftover unpainted "Ku" masks that I'll bring; you if you didn't get one last week, you can get one today...

Wow !!!! What a party. Thanks to Baxter and Sara for really putting on a wonderful shindig.
Looking forward to comments and pictures.
Great to see all the gang, Crazy AL, Holden, Wes, Chiki, Al and Shelly, Bong, Monkeyman and of course Casey from the Caliente.
Just needed Otto and Sven to complete the madness. Mahalo "TheTIKIGuy and TheWahine"

[ Edited by: TheTikiGuy on 2003-08-10 11:06 ]

Pages: 1 2 82 replies