Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

New Stolen Idols Album - Moonlight Offerings

Pages: 1 13 replies

Stolen Idols debut album will be released May 16, 2014.

From Florida, Stolen Idols present authentic exotica, the mid-century tropical mood music pioneered by Martin Denny and Les Baxter. Playing primarily in the Tampa Bay region since 2008, Stolen Idols were among the sonic highlights of the Hukilau, Fort Lauderdale's annual tiki festival, in 2009 and 2010. "Moonlight Offerings," the debut album by Stolen Idols, features Drew Farmer (piano), Kent Oldfield (vibes, marimba, percussion), Daniel Navarro (acoustic bass), Scott Bihorel Yañez (congas and bongos) Ivan Ftorek (drums, percussion), and Jeff Browder (percussion). With lush arrangements and hypnotic rhythms, "Moonlight Offerings" conjures an exotic paradise with all the color of a Gauguin Tahitian landscape. Prepare to travel to steamy jungles, South Seas islands and Far East gardens – in just over an hour, without spilling a drop of your mai tai!

Here is the (gorgeous!) cover art by Robert Jimenez!

This is a much awaited release. I'm really looking forward to get my hands on this recording. Good luck you guys with your release party. I'm sure it's gonna be a blast! Hope to see you playing in Europe someday!

On 2014-04-14 13:05, always on the beach wrote:
This is a much awaited release. I'm really looking forward to get my hands on this recording. Good luck you guys with your release party. I'm sure it's gonna be a blast! Hope to see you playing in Europe someday!

Thanks for the kind words! Ixtahuele are amazing, and I so regret not being able to attend Hukilau last year. We'd love to do a gig in Europe with you, or anyplace else for that matter!

W

Looking forward to this, and Robert's art looks great!

Very cool, got some sound bites somewhere? Beautiful cover art.

Thanks all for your interest!

Yes, Robert's cover art is amazing!

The album will be released as both a CD and digital download. Audio samples are on currently on Amazon. Search for "Stolen Idols Moonlight Offerings" in the mp3 category and it will bring up the whole album.

Here's a link to the Amazon page

Congratulations Drew!!!!! I've been anticipating this release for some time now!

The samples on Amazon sound great!! Authentic Exotica tunes here!! I can't wait to order this!!

Nice to see a couple Les Baxter originals in there as well as a few of my favorites The Kyoto Protocol and On Tonga Shores!!

Keep up the good work!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Available now!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/stolenidols

If you come to our record release show at the Palladium Side Door Sunday, May 18, it is only $10!

Yeah! Ordered! I've been looking forward to this release ever since I heard that radio session you did a few years back.

O

Superior Album!

Hopefully, you will make a tour of the West Coast in the near future....

http://stolenidols.com/wp/

Ordered from CD Baby here in Portland...it's on backorder, but I can wait. :)

Gotta love instant download. Listening to it right now :)

On 2014-04-14 14:58, StolenIdols wrote:

On 2014-04-14 13:05, always on the beach wrote:

Thanks for the kind words! Ixtahuele are amazing, and I so regret not being able to attend Hukilau last year. We'd love to do a gig in Europe with you, or anyplace else for that matter!

Thanks! We would really love to do that!!

Pages: 1 13 replies