Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

WANTED- Tiki Matchbooks

Pages: 1 15 replies

Hey everybody. Im working on a project that will incorporate tiki matchbooks into a table Im building.
They will sit under glass along with stir sticks and other stuff.

Problem is I dont have very many matchbooks and was not interested in paying $5 - $10 each for something that Im going to glue down permanently.

Do any of you collectors have some less than great quality matchbooks that you would be willing to trade or sell?

Ive already got Don the Beachcomber and Trader Vics but am looking for a few others from back in the day.

PM me and let me know.

Thanks
Derek

Here's my "for sale" tiki only matchbooks folder...

First page were $1. The rest $2, except the $10 The tikis ones.

Tiki Shaker has a bunch of good tiki ones for sale too. I think his are $4 though...but they're really nice ones.

I also have a shit ton of old San Diego, Shelter Island, LA, Las Vegas and Hollywood non tiki graphic matchbooks. Like thousands of them...

Always down for trades too!

Buzzy Out!

I've got a lot of tiki matchcovers scanned in high-resolution front and back. You could print them out on a nice inkjet printer and once they were under acrylic I doubt anyone could tell the difference. I've mocked a few up into "matchbooks" by using the innards from actual matchbooks and they look great.

Search for "tiki ephemera sharing" and you'll find a link to all the files in my Dropbox. Cost: $0. :D

A

Monkeyman -- since they're under glass, you can cheat by scanning the matchbooks (or finding photos of them online), and then printing on photo paper. Cut 'em out, and no one is the wiser (except people reading this thread).

good idea with the scans - dont destroy tiki history !!

I really appreciate everyones responses. I like the idea of re printing matchbooks. I will probably do a combo of both.

If I want something really rare or expensive in the table then I will try to re print those. If there are some that are easy to come by then I will use originals of those.

Nothing will be destroyed... it will be permanently memorialized as artwork/furniture.

Thanks

I guess I should have posted a finished image of the table so that my matchbook friends can see how they were used.

Wow, that's beautiful!!

Great job on the table. Its got a lot of eye candy.

Holy cow, that is cool! Great work Monkeyman!

T

I'll take two! Awesome!

Incredible!

K

I like table.

MM

The photos do not do the table justice. Beautiful work!

nice work as always

T

Beautiful! Great work as always!

Thanks for posting.

Pages: 1 15 replies