Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Driftwood Saloon / Tiki Bar built from old deck wood

Pages: 1 9 replies

If you have a bunch of old wood laying around from a project, here is an alternate idea to throwing it all away.
This is my retro tiki style bar. I had just finished building a new deck and had a pile of old deck wood sitting in the yard. I decided to build a retro saloon/tiki bar out of it one day. I had absolutely no plans or ideas of what it would look like or how to build it. My goal was not to buy any wood for the project. Overall, i bought three pieces - the bar top and the sheets for the roof. Overall cost including screws and bolts was $202.

Here are some pictures of the build and the final project. It even got its own Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Driftwood-Saloon/1381029402131252?ref=hl

I love it. Thanks for posting this.

Storm

PP

wow!!! totally cool!!! I need to find some one who needs a new deck!!! love your bar!!
paul

[ Edited by: Pele Paul 2014-05-05 19:41 ]

T

On 2014-05-05 19:29, driftwood2013 wrote:
Looks like your kid is going to be a building inspector.
Nice job!

Just be careful when you belly up to the bar in your favorite aloha shirt :o

A

Really great work. I wish my parents had a bar in their backyard instead of just a swingset growing up :wink:

Great job!

FM

Does the banjo-playing skeleton take requests? Freebird!

Nice re-purposing of the wood. Snag some Tikis to share the space...your drinks will even taste better. Keep on building!!!

Wait... I can turn my deck into a tiki bar?!? Where's my sledgehammer?!? Nice job, sir!

Pages: 1 9 replies