Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Bobsters and Wine

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

OH MY GOD

Had the girls over for Lobster, wine, asparagus, wine, wine, and lounge music last night. (The Divas CD is great for a girls night in if you have it).
Now my head feels like a melon beat with a hammer.

I just needed to share that before I head off to work and sit at my desk going 'duhhhh' all day.

But lobster IS good. DAMN good. I just didn't know you could get a hangover from it.

T

That's why they call you tikifish? Because you drink like one?

I'm suffering today too. It was Robin's birthday yesterday so I made flaming Steak Diane for her and we drank lots of Veuve Cliquot.

I see Bobsters was a typo, but I was wondering "Were these gals drinking wine in Tiki Bob mugs they called bobsters?"

E

Ah, poor little fish. The emspace cure:

• protein. Eggs contain complete protein, mmm good!
  • water, lots and lots of water.
  • ASA. Not Tylenol or any of that other wimpy $hit. Get the enteric coated ones, and they won't affect your already unhappy tummy.

And remember: there IS no hangover cure. You're going to suffer, your metabolism will plummet below sea level next time you do take some calories into your body. Those damn lobsters have got their claws into you, and you really just have to wait it out. Good luck,
ems.

T

My hangover is gone already. Doctor Z's cure taken before bed plus a big Rueben sandwich for lunch today.

Try "The Ween Cure" ... I think it works with wine as well as beer:

"Don't stop drinking" techique. It works like this. If you drank 10 beers last night, wake up and drink 6. When you start to sober up from that, drink 4. Then 2. Then 1. Then go back to the start and drink another 10 beers. (Note:This technique should never be taken so far as to result in 0 beers being consumed)

If that doesn't work try:
http://www.hungover.net

Hang in there! (pun intended)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=2066&forum=1&start=30
Remember Kahukini's warning. Save your liver. No tylenol or generic equivilent, before, during or after drinking.

T

Bobster was a typo on an email my friend sent to me, but I thought it was funny and it stuck, so that's what we were calling the wee buggers.

Pages: 1 7 replies