Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

My Bamboo Ben picasso-tiki

Pages: 1 12 replies

I love this and wanted to share it with other TC'ers.

I haven't seen a tiki like this before. It is made from odds and ends from around his shop. The surface is quite lava-y, too.

[ Edited by: floratina on 2003-07-27 00:10 ]

Oh, I really like it!

For such a hard-core punker in the day, Bamboo Ben does have a talent for not only bars/decor, but also smaller framed tiki art.

A visit to his shop is always worth it!

Look at the frame detail:

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Jul 23, 2003 4:29 PM

floratina, good buy sista.

BoobamBen'z shop is a must if you havent been already.

Ben, you get all da good ideas brah. cherry frame!!

Actually, That piece that Floratina has is a "Self Portrait" of myself when I looked in the bathroom mirror at the "Big ol' Tiki Bash!" Anyone remember??

(AKA Picasso Tiki)

She owns it via barter. Floratina is quite the vediographer! (sp?) (135 Oasis 02, Ape @ the King King in L.A. etc....)

Too many ideas, too little time!!!

Mahalos for diggin it!

On the money babyboy! I love Ben's stuff( has mana)!

Hey Ben,

Did you barter to view the video OR prevent others from viewing????

Cool pic-ya da King. All Hail Da Rever-end.
When's next Beach bash??? Blah...etc.

When's next Beach bash???

Maybe I could put somthing together in the near future down at Whites Point/Royal Palms in San Perdo. It's at the very end of Western.

Thats were my Mom, Aunts, Grandmother and Grandfather lived, in the house build out of driftwood. They turned it into a county park now and we go there often for family events. Maybe I could gather up the Hedley family and some TC'ers for a gathering. You guys would trip out on the stories from their past. I'll ask if they plan on having a family gathering anytime soon and let you's know when. But then again, burning a tiki to totall ash in H.B. sounds good too!

Cool, Ben, do samoa like dat! You know I like dat modern primitive stuff..

Thanks for the Words Big Bro. ( a cool compliment from the Modern Primitive Man, himself)

Workin on some Modern Primitive wood beams that Bax Doggy Dog gave me. Bax will have the first (of a small series, rather large or long..) at his pad for Int. Tiki Day, to take the place of the missing Bamboo Tribe.

More beach fun, please.

I have corrected the title of the thread. I did have picasso-moai, but it is a picasso-tiki. He is far too expressive to be a moai.

This gem was indeed a gifted score, acquired in the aftermath of OC Crawl #3. He is part of a collection. There are others out there. The materials and style are a shared characteristic but no two look alike.

S

This is very chic and elegant - probably would sell at a Boston or New York gallery for large green! Very nice job!

Pages: 1 12 replies