Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

How to add your Home Tiki Bar to Critiki

Pages: 1 5 replies

H

It's easy! Just tell me you want it in Critiki. I can get started with just a few small details: the name of your home bar, and the city it's in. You can also tell me a bit about it, when you created it, its features, that sort of thing. Your home tiki bar will be listed with a "fuzzy" location in Critiki, so you don't have to worry about randos knocking on your door looking for Navy Grog handouts. Once it's in I'll let you know, and you can add photos of your private paradise to make the listing really sing.

You can email me at [email protected], or you can leave a message here on this thread (I've ticked off the "Notify by email when replies are posted" on this post so I'll see your reply even if you're posting years into the future. (Hellooooo, future tikiphile! Did they ever sort out that Lemon Hart 151 shortage?)

Feature Request: Can you add a distinct icon and/or way of filtering out/selecting only home tiki bars?

Use Case: "I'm visiting a new location. Are there any tiki bars I should attempt to check out?"

The existing operational/defunct icons work well for that purpose.

H

Hmm, yes, I can see the utility in that. A shoddy workaround until I can get something like that happening: the "nearest tiki" listing on each tiki place has home bars filtered out, so you can pick a place from the map and see a list there. Not at all what you're asking for, but maybe a little helpful.

I'm also considering adding a "Home Tiki Bar" section to the Images area, to make it easy to pore over pictures of people's home bars.

Wow...Humu...so nice of you to work on this (with your busy home life). It does inspire me to clean up my lounge and try to take some decent pictures. Thanks for all you do for the ever growing group of Tikiphiles.

I'll be getting my details to you soon.

On 2014-05-29 20:36, Humuhumu wrote:

I'm also considering adding a "Home Tiki Bar" section to the Images area, to make it easy to pore over pictures of people's home bars.

This would be an awesome feature - getting pictures of everyones home bars/lounges in one place. I love pouring over the detailed threads here, with the build out details, etc, but an archive on Critiki would be a great resource.

I also wanted to reiterate what Vamp said, great of you to be updating so many things with everything you've got going on.

Pages: 1 5 replies