Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

A Thank You to Amy & Jeff of Tiki Magazine!

Pages: 1 13 replies

Yesterday, I stopped by Tonga Hut to get my 2nd new issue of Tiki Mag and was happy to notice each issue was individually bagged with a cardstock backing and a Tiki Magazine sticker sealing the flap! I couldn't have received a more mint condition issue! Thanks for taking the time & money to do this! I LOVE the 2nd issue, especially the cover photo taken by our own Scott Mabutt!

JB

Thanks Enchanted Tiki Guy!

You're welcome Enchanted Tiki Guy, glad you appreciate it!

It was Sherriyaki behind the boards and bags for the Tonga Hut locations, they were also available that way at Tiki Caliente 6.

TT

JB

Thanks, we have a great team that cares very much about what we present and we have Nicks great magazine legacy to keep us on the right path. WE will continue to strive to improve it, next edition August

Amy

Hey Joe Banks, GREAT shot of the Disneyland CM holding the mag!! I love it!

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but just had to say I received the holiday issue today and just had a chance to sit down with it for a while. I continue to be blown away by the new format and content. Really great stuff.

Mahalo nui loa and Happy Holidays to everyone working on the magazine!

I agree...so fun to see the great pictures and articles about the wonderful Tikiphiles in our lives. Congrats to Alan for the volcano article. Ernie...that was your best cartoon to date!!! I still have so much to read, but looking forward to savoring it all.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 27, 2014 11:50 PM

Thanks Marlene. Squid said the same thing. My comic printed a little dark, but the humor came across and that's what matters.

I just got my issue yesterday and it's really nice. The issue is a great mixture of old and new. Some great historical articles and photos in there as well as articles and photos about the new Tiki revival. A lot of drink recipes for you (us) alcoholics.

I love seeing the awesome home tiki bars in the photo spread in the middle of the magazine.

Great job putting this together Tiki Mag team.

Thanks everyone, we have many contributors and Jeff kunkle and Tom D Kline are the Team behind this magazine, which still has its founder Nick, at heart! Merry Christmas everyone!

Amy

Really great issue. I wish I could go to all the places in the ads!!!

T

NICE issue. Really liked the "Toti" Terorotua/Mai Kai article. Looking forward to checking out the Longitude Bar in Oakland for 2015!

It was really fun working on Longitude with Suzanne Long. Nice to see a write up on it in this issue of Tiki Magazine and More. Now to see what other kind of "And More" I can get my hands on..... :wink: p.s. Look for "The Shrunken Head" a few issues away.

BB...you are a tease...will be watching for your magic!!!

Pages: 1 13 replies