Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

What's most disturbing ...

Pages: 1 32 replies

... about the day/year you were born?

http://dmarie.com/timecap/

Mine:
President:Tricky Dick Nixon
Hot song: "Sugar Sugar" by the Archies (I feel a cavity forming)
Share a birthday with: Joan Crawford

Ahhhh! No wire hangers!

The website is fun and worth a peek.

The Sound of Music???

Blah!!!!!!

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!

(just a rumor.....I heard that John Lydon is going to do a re-make of that flick!)

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen on 2003-07-23 22:58 ]

E

The day I was born was the day the PRC dissolved the government of Tibet...bastids.

emspace.

"Lawrence of Arabia". Haven't made it to the average income yet though!

"Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!"

Kent State. The Partridge Family. Stinky hippies everywhere. The early days of god awful, boring jam band music.

A day of an event that changed the world(lighten up Unga).
Beatles sign a formal agreement to be managed by Brian Epstein.

The Lion Sleeps Tonight by Tokens.

Great post CruzinTiki!

Elvis abducted by aliens and replaced with the evil clone Elvis!

C

I happily rolling right along with the cool people who share my birthday, then I saw it:
Ricky Skaggs

This page isn't working for me but I do know "My Ding-A-Ling" was #1 in the US when I was born. And I share a birthday with Guy Lombardo!

The day Richard Simmons got his fro?

I share a b-day with SHAUN CASSIDY!!!!!!

(Dirty little secret - I already knew that from the Tiger Beat days.)

On the first day of the month that I was born (that's April Fool's Day), Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker were married.

On the day I was born, Iggy Pop was celebrating his 14th birthday, and Queen Elizabeth her 35th.

Vern

T

Cool site but to my dismay, not a damn thing happened in the world but me being hatched. Ah hell with it, I still share my birthday (2/25/55) with my favorite Beatle, George Harrison.

Here's another mai tai to you George, RIP

Trustar

I seem to have been born on Julie Christie's 29th birthday.

on July 3. . .
Geraldo Rivera, But Franz Kafka makes up for it! Oh ya, and Lady Velour.

Me and Che, that's gotten me a mojito or two.

I was born the day after the first Earth Day.

I share a birthday with Captain Sensible, Herve Villechaize and Halston!

wow!

--cindy

The same birthday as the Captain? Now THAT'S cool!

I said "Wot?".

I share a birthday with John Lennon, John Entwistle, and Jackson Browne...but the only thing I play worth a damn is the trombone.

The only disturbing thing about my birthday is that apparently the ONLY thing happening in the headlines was that some dumb play called La Grusse Valise opened for a measly 7 performances.

Wow.

However, I'm very pleased to share a birthday with Patty Duke (yow!), Spike Jones (double yow! I hate the Fuhrer's face!), Lee Remick (grrr baby!), Paul Eluard (ahem), i}Charlie Rich, Shirley Jackson and...

Nostra-friggin-damus. WELL.

Not too disturbing overall. Despite "The Sound of Music" and the fact that the average yearly income was only about one third of the average house price.

Sigh. Today...that would mean an average Jane like me SHOULD be pullin' in about a hundred grand a year. Or something really discouraging like that.

Time for another Mai Tai.

[ Edited by: tikivixen on 2003-07-25 00:46 ]

W

Apparently the ONLY thing that happened on my birthdate: Asteroid #3812 Lidaksum was discovered. So typical of my life...Everyone knows the cool asteroid was #1727 Mette, discoverd 14 days later.

On 2003-07-24 23:07, purple jade wrote:
The same birthday as the Captain? Now THAT'S cool!
I said "Wot?".

Cindy, how did you even find out the Captain's birthday?

In real life, his name is Mr. Burns (Raymond Burns, that is).
Release the hounds...

Completely by coincidence, I was listening to the Damned when I read this post, so I am freaked out (I guess I am 'outed' - I don't ALWAYS listen to Exotica!).

Anyway, I share birthdays with Weird Al Yankovic (as opposed to Crazy Al Evans, his cousin), Johhny Carson, and Diana Dors. Also: Sam Raimi and Ang Lee - I guess I am destined to direct action films...

DZ

Events:
--Columbus sets sail for the New World (1492)
--NBA formed (1949)
--Beatle's last performance at the Cavern Club (1963)
--'Great Train Robbery' occurred (1963)

Holidays:
--Nigerian Independence Day
--Jamaican Independence Day (yeah, mon! gotta celebrate!)

Shared b-days:
Anne Klein
Victoria Jackson (of 'SNL')
Marcel Dionne
Tony Bennett
Martin Sheen
John Landis
James Hetfield (of Metallica)

oh, and... Martha Stewart

T

Nothing disturbing or interesting about my birthdate, except that I may share a birthday with Humphrey Bogart. Some sources say he was born on January 23 (my birthdate), others say December 25.

http://bogart-tribute.net/legends.shtml

More interesting is that my mom and stepmom share the same birthday. And my mom's parents were both born on the exact same day!

On 2003-07-25 11:53, tikibars wrote:
Cindy, how did you even find out the Captain's birthday?

Completely by coincidence, I was listening to the Damned when I read this post, so I am freaked out (I guess I am 'outed' - I don't ALWAYS listen to Exotica!).

I found out the Captain's birthday from the website listed at the beginning of this thread. "Wot" is still one of my all-time favorite videos. (Hello, Adam!)

I don't always listen to Exotica -- I'm a closet punk fan AND I have a San Francisco Symphony subscription. Now you know! 8)

--cindy

When I was 1 day old
It was a very good year
It was a very good year for easy bake ovens and the Donna Reed Show
A Wrinkle in Time was just written you know
And "He's So Fine" was solid gold
When I was 1 day old

I found out I share my birthday with Edgar Degas! Thanks for the link!

On 2003-07-24 11:20, purple jade wrote:
I share a b-day with SHAUN CASSIDY!!!!!!

Da doo run run run da doo run run.

E

On 2003-07-24 23:51, TikiMikey wrote:
I share a birthday with John Lennon, John Entwistle, and Jackson Browne...but the only thing I play worth a damn is the trombone.

Mikey, the 'bone is far cooler than anything done by them boys. the trombone is foundation in jazz, bossa nova, reggae, funk, and ska - nuff said!

:), emspace.

The Korean war!

T

More interesting is that my mom and stepmom share the same birthday. And my mom's parents were both born on the exact same day!

My two sisters have the same birthday, five years apart.

Interesting, perhaps.
I now defy anyone to come up with a more off-topic posting.
Go ahead...

OK, I found out the SCD's mom's birthday is the same as my dad's, and his dad's is the same as my mom's.

How's that?

And PJ and I, as well as both of our parents, all have our birthdays in the same month too!

Pages: 1 32 replies