Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Brad Tiki-Shark Parker has Book Signing Event in Hawaii!

Pages: 1 7 replies

Aloha Tiki Tribe.

http://nipora.com/kailua-kona-atomic-dreams-at-the-r…/270213

So, I have a big art-show coming up on July 4th in LA at "La luz de Jesus Gallery". Famous for being the birth-place for the "Low-Brow" Art movement started by Robert Williams. This is the biggest most important show of my career thus far. I will be showing 7 paintings. I had planned on more, but this cursed law suit with Cafe Press, (in which they stole my art and was selling it on line), really threw my Artist' focus off - and I found it very hard to work.

Luckily, my Art Agent talked the gallery into showing what else has been happening with my art over the last 2 years as well, so I'll also show Skate Decks & whole Boards w/custom wheels, Boogie Boards, Beach Towels, and such stuff. Should be a nice amount of eye candy. Even several sketches and drawings will be framed and up for sale.

Here's a look at the paintings.

1.) "The Red Tiki Lounge", 24" x 30" Acrylic on canvas.

2.) "The Wanderer", 15" x 30" Acrylic on canvas. A Tiki-Art version of "Wanderer above the Sea of Fog" (German: Der Wanderer über dem Nebelmeer; also known as "Wanderer Above the Mist") a painting composed in 1818 by the German Romantic artist Caspar David Friedrich.

3.) "The Body Glove Sea Creature", 24" x 30" Acrylic on Canvas.

4.) "Two Tikis", 18" x 24" , acrylic on canvas

5.) "The Sea Witch", 24" x 30" Acrylic on Canvas.

6.) "Token Tiki on a Sincere-Blue Back-Ground", 24" x 30", acrylic on canvas.

7.) "Vacation Gone Wrong", Acrylic on (distressed) canvas 17" x 27", mounted inside Custom 33" x 26" Bamboo Box Frame, with Black Back ground.

Here's a look at the beach towels:

The Beyond the Reef Beach Towel

The Tiki Cat Beach Towel

The Moon of Manakoora Beach Towel

The Forbidden Island Beach Towel

Many of the paintings have been pre-sold, so call for availability. They have a good supply of beach towels, but the gallery has been steadily selling/taking pre-orders of them as well, (they even ship over seas). They are going fast, so if you really want one, or a set, contact the gallery now instead of later.

For info on the show please contact:
Matt Kennedy
La Luz de Jesus Gallery
4633 Hollywood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 666-7667
http://www.laluzdejesus.com
E-mail [email protected]

Brad (Tiki-Shark) Parker
http://www.tikishark.com
"You have not appropriated the Culture of Hawaii, the Culture of Hawaii has appropriated you."
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-02-17 03:11 ]

A YEAH Brad!
Can't wait to get up close and check these out
AND give you a BIG Hello and Hug,Art-Brother!
Will be there with bells on!
Are we allowed to shoot off fireworks in the gallery?
Toe said it was okay...

Thanx!
Hey Tiki Tribe!
"Well, it's been a wild ride getting to this show!"

Q: Did CafePress perniciously purloin my precious Art-product?
A: Examine the evidence for yourself, at the "LA Luz De Jesus Gallery"!
July 4th to July 27th, opening reception Friday July 4th 8-11PM

Aloha tiki Tribe,

Thank you all for making my July 20124 Art show at La Luz a hit. I was really sweating it out…I was fighting a legal issue of my art being stolen, - was distracted, not on the top of my game.

Luckily all legal things have worked out for the better, and we are past all that unpleasantness. I would like to thank everyone out there who took notice of my plight and made it known that they cared, that they did not approve of art being stolen and sold on the internet. It really made a difference. The voice of the people does count in America. Wrongs can be righted.

Before it all shook out , though I was scared. I was unsure, and I felt unready.
However, it seem the Show was very well received. There was even a "Bidding War" on a piece that was marked as "SOLD".

I mean… JEEPERS CREEPERS!

So, some swanky European Collector would not let the little fact that a painting was "sold" stop them from getting it. Prices were thrown back and forth. I talked to the first buyer, and things were all worked out to everyone's liking. (wow - I didn't even know stuff like that could happen! I'll never forget that!! )

Seems this is an important collector, & being in this person's collection could gain me attention I never had the luck of being the center of before.

Heck, I was just worried I would never get asked back to show at "La Luz de Jesus Gallery."

However, I am very happy to report they have asked me back!
I will again show my "Lurid Tiki-Art" at La Luz in 2016.
Whew!… I'm VERY happy about that, as I feel now I have a chance to create the TIKI ART SHOW I wanted to.

Attention is being paid to the up coming Tiki-Art Show in 2016. Please follow this link below to some News about the next Tiki-Art Show.

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/news/2014/12/09/hawaiistiki-shark-art-sells-out-la-art-show-two.html?ana=fbk

Every one… what can I say? It'll never be enough just to keep saying Thank you…but…Mahalo and ...THANKS AGAIN!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2014-12-18 18:24 ]

SWEET!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!~
Meanwhile...in a dimly lighted TIKI-BAR,
...at a table in the back of a large room a few man-sized wooden Tikis loom over a table a few people are sitting at.
One of them, an odd, lean, guy whose loud Hawaiian shirt hangs loosely on his skinny frame letting others know he's gotta be a starving-artist or a starving-rummy.
"I gotta' let you all know something." he moans as he rubs his hound-dog face.
Sipping exotic drinks , the others raise eyebrows - their faces show well used expressions of "Oh no, what now?!"
"It's important." The thin talker mutters.
He tilts his black hat back on his white hair (eerie white - like he just saw a ghost) and, even though they were sitting in nearly complete twilight and velvet black-shadows, he wears a pair of dark-as-sin-glasses, that he rarely takes off.
Honestly, half the people at the table thought he was blind when they first met him. When asked about them he always mumbles "Doctor's orders."
Now, he takes them off, leans forward , eager to speak, his eyes wide and strange in the gloom.
"So guess what?" he asks.
"What?" you retort.
"My first TIKI Book is coming out!" he blathers!
"A what kind of book?" you frown.
It's a Book… but it has a bunch of my Tiki Art in it."
"Oh," you smile, " You mean it's an Art Book."
"No,"he snorts .
"Look at this flier." he sputters as he slides a sheet of paper across the rum stained wood table.
In the low light everyone squints to read the paper.

"You wrote a book?" you laugh.
"No, no. " he sighs. ""Here, read this too" he flips another sheet across the table, but it slips off & lands on the floor that's littered with cracked peanut shells.
Some one picks it up, gives it a shake, and places it on the table. It's edge starts to soak up some spilled alcohol.
"What is this? It's the same piece of paper." You smirk.
"No , read it more closely!" he ejaculates. Hs eyes are wet with emotion.
"I don't know what made me do it! But now, I have to do something about it!" He sputters.
His long fingers grab his greasy-ghost hair in both hands. His hat tilts at a crazy angle. The people at the table look at him, then at each other - with startled looks on their faces, and then down at the second piece of paper.
It reads…

A woman gasps.
"It's a Book signing event! In Kona!"

(To Be Continued!)

Brad (Tiki-Shark) Parker
"You have not appropriated the Culture of Hawaii, the Culture of Hawaii has appropriated you."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-02-17 02:56 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

So a mother event: A BOOK SIGNIGNEVENT IN KONA for a Tiki mystery-adventure novel with my tiki Art illustrating it!
It's about WWII. and a place called the RED TIKI LOUNGE, an a down on his luck detective veteran from the war, the dragon lady who runs the underworld of Honolulu, Japanese spy's, Russian spies, madam Pele, and , of course a RED TIKI that sat out front the lounge, till some drunk sailors stole it…. but what they don't know about that tiki could mean the end of the WORLD!
It's a fun , cool, gritty, fantasy TIKI book! Something I always wanted to read ( I love pulp!)

How cool, check this out~ I guess I became one of the "365 things to do in Kona!"
Jeepers Creepers, I think it's gonna be a really fun event, but now I'm a little nervous about getting it right, and making sure it's gonna be really FUN. - - We'll start with a "Hawaiian Blessing," with Hula! Then have a local club MC - the beautiful Newspaper editor in chief / dancing and singing star of the Aloha Play house, then we have special musical guest star Aidan James, who just released his first ever EP. It's really good! Here's a music video - !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UucVvzjhQ_4

Then we got FREE CAKE! and Some big time folks from Body glove are gonna be there as well to sign the book that just came out about their company - 60 years of surf history and the last family owned Surf company left (in the world I guess) . Maybe we'll get some body Glove Team riders as well.

Then, Finally, there's author S.P. Grogan and me signing the limited edition hard cover book - that's only $20!

And we got other mugs, maybe , some prints, magnets, and other cool tiki swank.
and it's FREE to get in. Friday at the Kona Ocean Front Gallery. Then No door charge for the party as it moves to the Don's Mai Tai Bar in the lobby of the Royal Kona Resort - and they made up a new Tropical drink just for the event = "THE ATOMIC ZOMBIE!"

And another FREE concert! Heck, for the big Island, that's a lot of stuff join on!

Should be cool, hope folks come and have fun!'

Brad (Tiki-Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-02-17 23:33 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2015-02-17 23:39 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies