Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

My tiki bar.

Pages: 1 11 replies

Hey, I just joined so wanted to go ahead and share my tiki bar with everyone. It was difficult with my phone to get a good pic without it being too dark, too bright or too blurry but hopefully you get the idea. Bottles are in the top pull down and mixers in the cabinet below. It suits my needs perfectly.

well that's not really a Tiki bar, but it is a damn fine piece of Mid Century Goodness!

True, it's not rattan or bamboo or typical of what is to be expected of a tiki bar but mid century and tiki go hand in hand in my book so it works for me :) Of course I can't get behind it to mix and serve up drinks but it's great for storage and display.

Here's a peak inside:

[ Edited by: mikehooker 2014-07-17 18:42 ]

[ Edited by: mikehooker 2014-07-17 18:43 ]

I agree...beautiful piece of MCM furniture...also nice collection of rum. Welcome to TC.

Mike,
Certainly not a traditional “tiki Bar But it’s yours and I sure like it.
Mahalo for sharing!

H

Beautiful piece of furniture, have fun with it.

I love the wall decor. And the rums ain't too shabby either. Aloha Mike!

Mikehooker, you say it's a tiki bar, in your mind it's a tiki bar, ipso facto it's a tiki bar. I've consulted the great God Ku and he says it's a tiki bar. End of story.

And might I say what a find piece of mid-century re-purposing that you've accomplished my man. I like the wall clock. Is that something you made?

Aloha Jim!

THIV, the clock is a piece we picked up a few years back at an estate sale. The sails are made of gravel. It's likely a Turner Wall Accessory although there is no marking. Just seems to fit with the color scheme and style of other Turner pieces from that era. Here's a better look at it:

It fits well with your tiki ensemble.

Nice! Like the Tiki-ware and the Rums don't look too shabby either! I'm partial to the Coruba.

This i lyke!

Pages: 1 11 replies