Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Northern tiki bars

Pages: 1 15 replies

Just looking for anyone with the tiki vibe in the winter climates. Located in Edmonton Canada so anyone in Edmonton or Canada or anywhere for that matters. Would like to hear from others as it's not always easy finding items up
Here.

Here is some pics of our tiki bar

[ Edited by: Tiki edmonton 2014-07-19 23:17 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki edmonton 2014-07-20 10:15 ]

Nice looking place!

I'm in Michigan which is a tiki desert as well. My tiki space is outside so tiki for me is more of a seasonal thing. Here is a link to my project.

(BTW- the photos will display if you edit your post and put [img] bbcode around each of the photo links).

[ Edited by: jimsflies 2014-07-21 04:11 ]

Welcome to TC, Tiki edmonton. There are definitely Tiki aficionados in this city. At my garage sale last weekend I sold a bunch of duplicate Tiki mugs and no less than three people told me they had Tiki bars in their houses (were you one of them?).

Yes sweet daddy I was the guy that bought the box full. Our tiki bar has been a work in progress and we have taken it apart a few times but I think it's pretty close to completion, yes you don't stop ever adding but at least I don't have to take anything apart. Ill try to post better pics as I added them from my phone after a couple rums lol

Very nice place. Show a couple of pics of your Jukebox. I have one as well in my home tiki bar.

Welcome to Tiki Central. It never ceases to amaze me, how Tikiphiles that live in areas that to do not have easy access to materials do such a great job. Your place looks great!

thanks VampiressRN. yes thank the tiki gods for ebay and other online sites as we can get some products on there. The products that seemed to be the hardest to find are probably the easiest to find in warmer climates. Bamboo and matting where the hardest to find. I find myself being very creative and maybe using some of Dons beachcomber skills..... just without the beach lol

I'm digging your bar Tiki edmonton.

But get that white off the walls.

Otherwise, I'm thumbs up brother!

-Longboard

Thanks guys. And yup we are working on that last wall. Have no more matting so looking for our next product. Maybe one of those giant wall murals of a beach lol

Hi Tiki Edmonton. I'm also in Edmonton - I think there must be a few of us around these parts; I can't even imagine how you'd get through an Edmonton winter without a tiki bar to "escape" to! Nice looking bit of paradise you built for youself there. Good work! Cheers.

Hey, nice bar! Welcome to TC!

I have had some of the ideas incorporated in this bar. Nice to get an idea of what it would look like.
Well done!

C
Chad posted on Tue, Oct 28, 2014 3:36 PM

That looks great! As a fellow Canadian tikiphile, I can attest to how hard it is to source tiki materials here. I'm in Waterloo Ontario and it is difficult. Even buying mugs is tough because of shipping rates. But it's worth it - I sure love my tiki stuff.

Awesome stuff.

I live in New Jersey which is cold enough for me and like Jimflies, my tiki spaces are outside. (I have an outdoor bar and a hut.) But slowly, tiki is creeping into the house. I rely on ebay and TC plus the Internet for most of my tiki purchases. Looks like you're on to a good start!

I'm in Lethbridge. I find the odd thing but it's sparse. You're space looks great.
No bar or room for me yet but I'm eyeballing the guest room pretty hard. One project at a time.

At least you've got a few shops in Edmonton, over on Whyte Ave., that sell Tiki and retro stuff! Down here in Calgary there is zilch, zippo, nadda >< Count your blessings! ^^

Great looking bar! And great set of mugs!

Pages: 1 15 replies