Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Elvis In Your Tiki Space

Pages: 1 38 replies

I know a lot of us have Elvis, in one form or another, in & around our Tiki space. I thought this would be a good day to post pics. Here he is in my Mauna Kai Lounge.

Mine is in the gararge instead, but its cool....

Atta boy! Cool frame.

H

This Elvis mug is one of my favorites.

T
P

one I did for a customer....

(Sorry, thought it said "Elvis in Space")

Nice, Sven!

i dig my elvis black light poster.

Big Kahuna, the next time you come to So Cal eat at Azteca Mexican Restaurant in Garden Grove. They have over 2000 Elvis themed items in their restaurant.

http://www.theazteca.com/Restaurant_gallery.html

Naaaice! Gotta check that one out when I get back to town...

Elvis on our Munktiki Witco mug:

Thanks, Lori. I'll be there in November. That Munktiki Witco mug just went to the top of my list!

Loki-Tiki, the picture of Elvis that you chose for your Munktiki mug turned out a lot better that the glass fishing floats that I chose for mine.
Big Kahuna, those were a limited edition mug that Munktiki created this year. On one side you could have the name of your bar printed and on the other side you could choose your own picture to have printed on the mug. It was called Windows on Witco.

S

On 2014-08-16 15:10, hiltiki wrote:
This Elvis mug is one of my favorites.

Hate to ruin it for you, but that's Don Ho.

I have Elvis in my music playlist, but not like most.

First, I got the video of Elvis Aloha from Hawaii, which has an opening segment of him arriving on the island, etc. and a tune I call "Hawaii USA" and I recorded it off the VCR and use that.

Secondly, there is a rare track Elvis did in his home with Charlie Hodge actually singing lead and E as back-up of "Beyond the Reef." I saw Charlie many times in Pigeon Forge at the Elvis show.

[ Edited by: Swanky 2014-08-21 10:04 ]

This is Don Ho:

This is Elvis:

S

On 2014-08-21 12:39, tikigreg wrote:
This is Don Ho:

This is Elvis:

Ah. Only Elvis I knew of was the old Elviki.

[ Edited by: kenbo-jitsu 2014-08-22 10:27 ]

Stay on topic, please. Use PMs.
Thank You!

How the heck did I miss that?

On 2014-08-21 09:53, tikilongbeach wrote:
Loki-Tiki, the picture of Elvis that you chose for your Munktiki mug turned out a lot better that the glass fishing floats that I chose for mine.
Big Kahuna, those were a limited edition mug that Munktiki created this year. On one side you could have the name of your bar printed and on the other side you could choose your own picture to have printed on the mug. It was called Windows on Witco.

A

My nods to the King:

[ Edited by: Slacks Ferret 2014-08-23 19:19 ]

Nice, Slacks! I love those frames.

On 2014-08-18 08:20, pjc5150 wrote:
one I did for a customer....

Is that the "Elviki" from Rita's in Kihei Maui. Actually I don't know if it was called Rita's when the "Elviki" was there. It closed down and recently reopened. Sadly the "Elviki" is gone.

P

nope.... I made that for a customer down in Marco Island, Florida... :)

On 2014-08-25 09:05, pjc5150 wrote:
nope.... I made that for a customer down in Marco Island, Florida... :)

Very cool.

I love Elviki!

K

I still have to officially start my build out in my new house - coming this winter hopefully, but here is what I have so far...

For me it started with my Velvis.

I then picked up the Elvis Pezley.

Then one day while out visiting a local antique mall I found this Elviki.

At my housewarming party a friend gave me this cutting board.

And a day after my party another friend gave me this picture that he was given on his wedding day back in the 90s.

Oh yeah... and sometimes this guy hangs out in the bar as well...

That's just the start.

Reviving this post. Found this. Thought it was a pretty cool find for a tiki room.

K

mahalo, mahalo very much.

I wonder if Elvis ever said that, I like to think so.

On 2016-03-15 07:58, BeerBuddha wrote:

Looks like the head is separate, does it tilt back to reveal a hidden switch,
that opens a secret door, that leads down to the bat- jungle room?

TM

On 2014-08-19 15:34, tikilongbeach wrote:
Big Kahuna, the next time you come to So Cal eat at Azteca Mexican Restaurant in Garden Grove. They have over 2000 Elvis themed items in their restaurant.

This place is great. I am there all the time. If you like the fake mexican food like what they used to serve at Disneyland's now defunct "case de fritos", you will like this place!

On 2016-03-19 09:37, lucas vigor wrote:

On 2014-08-19 15:34, tikilongbeach wrote:

This place is great. I am there all the time. If you like the fake mexican food like what they used to serve at Disneyland's now defunct "case de fritos", you will like this place!

Google Maps lets you explore the interior. Even the walls of the Ladies Restroom are documented...

http://tinyurl.com/jazt8n2

K

After the loss of the Elvis Room at Mama's Mexican in Seattle I may have to visit this place on my upcoming trip.

Also, if all goes according to plan, I'll have a pretty major upgrade to the Elvis in my space topic in the coming months. Current goal is to have it done in time for the Tiki Kon home bar tour in July. The home bar tour is already sold out but I'll post pictures here after the event.

K

Since posting my previous pictures I have finally made progress building out my home tiki bar and have added even more Elvis elements.

I picked up a vintage decanter

Some 1980s reproduction glasses

And some swizzle sticks - including some NOS that are still in the bag - not shown

My home was on the Tiki Kon Home Bar Tour this year so I borrowed Liza's Elviki and put it next to mine

I framed a few albums and hung them on the wall - Need to get a picture of the Aloha From Hawaii that is hanging in a different area

I found an artist online that paints Elvis busts from a vintage mold. Mine is painted for Dia De Los Muertos

And I got one for Liza that is Frankenstein's Monster

And here is a replica of the Creepy Monkey that is on the coffee table in the TV Room at Graceland

I also have an entire Elvis nook that is in the basement but outside of the Tiki Bar.

H

Elvis in the Tapahut stairwell 2CBF3D4A-F2BB-44E3-8682-83B5B94099A3

S

CF692E85-5B37-4585-8E2C-C4C2B165B8B0

Picked this up from the Graceland online shop.

They also have a barrel mug..

A040-2215copy_600x

A jumpsuit Elvis...

A040-2210_600x

And a blue Hawaii mug..

A040-2205_600x

..it's like when Gucci started working with Dapper Dan 😉

S

Elwood

4A98D5E5-3BFE-49B4-B429-536FE8E6AD8F

Pages: 1 38 replies