Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Charlie Would Haved Loved This

Pages: 1 4 replies

Thank you for posting that, although it made me tear up. On Tuesday my grandmother passed away. She was 95 and had a good life, but the loss is still hard. She was a cool lady. One time she told me that she wished she had traveled more with my grandfather, but he always put the trips off. It wasn't until he passed away that she took the trips that she always wanted to.

My parents have spent 6 months a year for the last 10 years travelling in their motor home and seeing the US. They have been to every state except Hawaii (my dad doesn't like to fly) and have been within 300 miles of EVERYWHERE in the continental US. Now that my dad's health is rapidly deteriorating with Parkingson's and/or MSA, I am so glad they got to see it all before it was too late.

Thanks for sharing kenbo

Thank you Kenbo.

I’m sorry for your loss, tikilongbeach, and sorry also if the story touched a raw nerve. I thought it interesting mainly because it’s a little description of 1950’s Hawaiian tourism – written by someone in the 1950’s. It was penned by the American writer Joseph Patrick McEvoy (1897-1958). Wikipedia says he was a regular contributor to Reader’s Digest magazine in the later part of his life.

Pages: 1 4 replies