Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Hey all!!!! ((((CREEPXOTICA )))) is playing the Bali Hai 60th!!!! I'm sure you knew-

Pages: 1 24 replies

S

The Bali Hai is celebrating 60 years of tiki history ,come join us there for a night of wild exotic fun, drinks, Polynesian floor show, followed up with CREEPXOTICA closing the night!!! For more info contact the Bali Hai.
Here's the poster, they will be available at the event only- limited to 150 on water color press 13x19 art by Doug P'Gosh!!!!

Very cool!

Hey Slee, is this this taking place in the dining room or is it a special event downstairs?
Mahalo

Nui - I think it will be downstairs. They like to keep the upstairs open for dining. Should be a fun night, I will look for the link to purchase tickets and post it. New limited edition mug this night as well.

Here is the link to purchase tickets...

http://m.bpt.me/event/869195

[ Edited by: lunavideogames 2014-09-24 11:22 ]

ugh. thursday......
enjoy SD peeps.

jeff btd

On 2014-09-24 11:16, lunavideogames wrote:
Nui - I think it will be downstairs. They like to keep the upstairs open for dining. Should be a fun night, I will look for the link to purchase tickets and post it. New limited edition mug this night as well.

Luna, you’re correct- the event is downstairs. Tkts are 40 bucks plus handling fees. Btw, Humphreys half Moon Inn is running a special -bout a hundred a night. I’m booked fo bof. Looking forward to seeing the S D Ohana.
Cheers

Anyone got an image of the mug? I hate to be stereotypicaly "it's about the mugs", but I'm really not up for paying $40 for one band, one solo acoustic guitarist, a dance review, and one Mai Tai in a crowded room. Even as cool a band as Creepxotica, even as cool as the rest of the acts are, even as great as a Bali Hai Mai Tai is, I need a little more.

I don't think they want a picture to get out. It is a Mr Bali Hai with a fez and the SD skyline in the background. They are supposed to be limited.

It will be a fun time and worth it. I think the mugs alone were going to cost $27 without a drink. Any excuse to go to Bali Hai is a good excuse for me.

KS

It's going to be a fun night!!!!! I've seen the mug and it's pretty cool... Dare I say, one of their best...

Can’t wait to get my paws on that mug. Btw, Humphreys still has rooms available at about 100 bucks
Cheers

Got my tickets AND a room at Humps. Seems like a perfect kick off to the Halloween Weekend! Love those Creeps.

Bump

Wish I was going...I miss hanging out at the Bali Hai. Would love that mug. Have fun all you Tikiphiles!!!

Bali Hai was on Channel 6 news in SD this morning with a feature on them and on the history of the Mai Tai. Also Bali Hai made the cover of the SD Reader this month. Check it out!

If anyone has an extra ticket for this event, please let me know and I will buy it from you. My friend would like to go but missed the tickets. Thanks! See you on Thursday.

E

Dying for Tickets !!!!! please anyone selling tickets let me know.
Joe (619) 977-4908

I called and was told that the restaurant is not open and that the only food being served tomorrow night will be the appetizers that are part of the ticket price.

Has anyone else heard different?

They are closed to the public tomorrow. I would assume we can get food and many drinks. I am excited!

They have some great apps though, if that all we can get.

[ Edited by: lunavideogames 2014-10-29 16:00 ]

Perfect night!! Thanks, Creeps!

WooHooo! What a Tiki-rrific Night!! Larry Baumann & The Bali Hai Ohana put on an Incredible 60th Anniversary Celebration. There was delicious food stations set up throughout the restaurant and patio area, passed appetizers, and Mai Tais being poured at every bar in the restaurant. Live Hawaiian Music, a Polynesian Hula Show, and Creepxotica.....Who could ask for more? Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who helped to make this Magical Night happen. Here's to Many Many More Celebrations at The Bali Hai :)

A

It was a blast, and I'm still trying to recover.....

Yes, Thank You to Bali Hai!! Everything ran so smoothly and it was just a great night all around. Perfect! I hope we don't have to wait 10 years to do it again.
Congratulations & Mahalo!

AMAZING time! Such a great party! So much food. Mugs are great. Best time I've had at Bali Hai!

Had so much fun with all my friends. Very nice to meet David and Cece finally.

Thanks Bali Hai! We are so blessed to have such and amazing place in our backyard.

Mahalo to all at the Bali Hai. Whata celebration. Food, entertainment, and guests were awesome! Got to meet LunaV, Arriano, and many of the San Diego ohana. Rubbed elbows with Mr. and Mrs. Monkeyman (Derrick and the lovely Roxanne) WooHoo and SoccerTiki (Karen and Chris).
Holden was dapper in a tapa print sport coat and we even had the chance to socialize with off duty bar staff that were there. Can’t wait till their 70th. Anybody got a motorized wheelchair for sale?
Btw, the Bali Hai event posters were awesome! Limited to 150 @$15

Pages: 1 24 replies