Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

OHANA Luau by the Sea 2015

Pages: 1 2 62 replies

Time to start packing!

If you need transportation during Ohana, the event has you covered.

There is a complimentary shuttle from Ft Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL) to the host hotel, Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port Hotel.

There will be a cruise director with directions and maps to the Kreepy Tiki Lounge available at the hotel on Thursday evening. Estimated taxi cost is $13.00. Find some friends to share a ride.

Want to try the El Dorado Rum Flight at the Mai Kai? Twice? No problem, there will be air conditioned buses to the Mai Kai and back starting Friday at 6 pm at the Sheraton for $10.00 each way. You can purchase tickets at the Ohana registration check in table Thursday at 2 to 4 pm or Friday at 11 am to 4pm.

See you by the Sea!

I CANNOT wait! Can't wait to meet some new friends. Who from here am I going to meet?

A couple of questions-

How do I get the shuttle from the airport? Call the hotel I'm assuming. Correct?

And what's the temperature like down there? I'm guessing it gets cool at night. Weather.com is calling for rain next weekend, hope they're wrong.

:) YEAH!!!!!

9T

9th Wave is ready! Looking forward to hanging out and meeting friends old and new.

Mike

On 2015-09-27 21:03, 9th Tiki wrote:
9th Wave is ready! Looking forward to hanging out and meeting friends old and new.

Mike

Ohana would not be Ohana without 9th Wave, see you by the sea!

C

On 2015-09-27 17:01, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
I CANNOT wait! Can't wait to meet some new friends. Who from here am I going to meet?

A couple of questions-

How do I get the shuttle from the airport? Call the hotel I'm assuming. Correct?

And what's the temperature like down there? I'm guessing it gets cool at night. Weather.com is calling for rain next weekend, hope they're wrong.

:) YEAH!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you, Lori!

Call the hotel to arrange for the shuttle from the airport.

Temps are in the low 90's during the day, upper 70's at night.

Rain is expected but this is south florida... .wait a half hour and it will be sunny again.

Alooooooooooha & GOHANA!!!!!!!!

Thanks Croe67! Looking forward to meeting you too.

I am super stoked but am watching the weather nervously. Ft. Lauderdale looks like it might be safe from Joaquin but leaving on Sunday and flying up to Philly might be problematic. Guess I should be happy we're not flying into Newark, NJ since that's much closer to the ocean. Hopefully Joaquin will turn out to be just talk.

It does not get cool at night - it becomes bearable. I'll be there Saturday, I'll be the guy holding a drink and wearing a hawaiian shirt.

F

Have already reached out to a few folks that I know that are heading that way, but if I missed someone... I sure would love to land my grubby paws on some Kohala Bay if you are out and about.

Just got home from sunny Fort Lauderdale and the rain is over in New Jersey! Double yeah!

The hubby and I had a great time! So fun! Thanks Chip & Andy and the members of FOM for organizing a great event. Mahalo!

Mahalo Nui Loa! That was a lot of fun! We are so doing it again next year.

For right now, though, Andy and I are going to go take a nap.

T

So no Ohana Luau by the Sea Photos?

On 2015-10-12 07:47, tikiskip wrote:
So no Ohana Luau by the Sea Photos?

There are plenty I'm sure - here's one of me with LuRu and Don

[ Edited by: kungfugimp 2015-10-12 12:03 ]

Yes, I would say the tiki gods were pleased.

And there was a presentation of one of those giant checks which is always fun. I need to see if my bank has those available.

[ Edited by: rev_thumper 2015-10-12 18:53 ]

T

Green screen photos, new idea.

"And there was a presentation of one of those giant checks which is always fun. I need to see if my bank has those available"

Your going to need another check, that is for the event that was before this one, the CATT.

That is a good amt from a smallish event like the CATT.
The OHANA Luau by the Sea 2015 check must be huge compared to the CATT check shown here.

The money from CATT was presented to board members from the charity during the luau.

I'm sure FOM will find more giant checks to use when necessary, don't worry!

Pages: 1 2 62 replies